Anyone bought a leather kit from Super Coupe Performance?

frankdodd

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thinking of getting a leather kit for my Mark viii, has anyone bought a kit from Super Coupe Performance? Are they any good- the kits i mean?
Thanks!

I don't know about the leather, but I do know that I wouldn't buy a square of toilet paper from SCP. Even if I had the runs and they were the only place with TP.

When I had my tbird I was gonna buy from scp but the prices were too high and read too many bad posts. So I decided not to and went somewhere else.

Unless you wanna send your stuff to the Phillipines.... then its a pretty good deal. I've been to his shop, I've seen his leather kit in his personal super coupe, and it looks good. Only place I know that sells replacement leather. I've bought stuff from Bill, had lengthy conversations with him. He is a nice guy. But like everyone running a business he also is out there to make money. I've bought things off him for the suspension of my Mark. No problems yet. But, I keep all my recipts in a lock box. He has layaway which is nice.

Some say his parts are substandard. Mostly his suspension parts.

However he has loads of name brand stuff in his office. And even sells some nice 1-off stuff you won't find many places.

Not telling to shop or not shop there... Just make an educated decision when buying. People are quick to jump on the "bash SCP bandwagon" around here.

Shop around. Compare prices. Talk to upholstery shops in your area with a good reputation.

I don't know about the leather, but I do know that I wouldn't buy a square of toilet paper from SCP. Even if I had the runs and they were the only place with TP.

One of the "Senior" members here is not my biggest fan, which I'm fine with, but please don't put any stock in comments that simply are not the truth. Search all the forums and you will find that 99.9% of our customers are VERY happy with their purchases. Sure, I can't please everyone but Super Coupe Performance is the #1 supplier in the Mark VIII/Tbird/Cougar community for a reason....we provide great parts, pricing, and customer service.

We may not always be the cheapest in town on some items. Go to Walmart and you will find other places that can best them on certain items too. Pricing is important and we do have a price match policy. We opened in 1996 and continue strong today because customers support us with their business and I ask for your consideration on our fine leather kits and the hundreds of other items as well.

Members online

Back