anybody have any issues with Torrie?

LS_Monk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Basically in a nut shell, I bought an XCAL2 from Torrie and it came with 3 tunes for the LS. That winter I bought a F150 for the daily driver and I bought a tune off Torrie for the truck. Last week I picked up a used SCT X3 and wanted to leave my XCAL2 on the F150 and use the X3 on the Lincoln. I sent him an email to see how much to make 2 of my already existing tunes from the Xcal2 work with the X3. And he said $150. Sorry but I think this a little extreme.

Well, he has a right to charge whatever he wants to, and you have a right to not do business with him.

Can't you do it yourself? Using the computer program that you use to upload the tunes onto the device? I mean, you have the tune files already. It should just be a matter of putting those files on the X3. Unless the software is incompatible.

can't you do it yourself? Using the computer program that you use to upload the tunes onto the device? I mean, you have the tune files already. It should just be a matter of putting those files on the x3. Unless the software is incompatible.

+1

+2, thats what I was thinking. The tuner device is just the tool to transfer the tune to your car, the tune should be the same since it's the same car, just upload the tune to your new device instead of your older one. If you cant then maybe there is a compatibility issue, but it wouldn't hurt to try this first.

or you can just ask torrie if this will work

+3 if you already have the tune files, then you should just have to load them on the x3

a tune is a tune and should not matter what device you use to load them

but if not then Joe is right, he can charge you what ever he wants, or you can find somebody else, maybe there was a misunderstanding, i would double check with him and make sure every thing is clear and simple, and if you already paid him for the tunes then why should you pay again, unless the tuner you bought is locked (as in the person you bought it from didn't unlock it) then i say that seems like around the going price.

It seems to me like there is more to the story, such as the device being locked. I think either 1LoudLS is not being straight, or there is simply a misunderstanding between 1LoudLS and Torrie.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. But, it doesn't sound like Torrie is doing anything shady here.

It seems to me like there is more to the story, such as the device being locked. I think either 1LoudLS is not being straight, or there is simply a misunderstanding between 1LoudLS and Torrie.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. But, it doesn't sound like Torrie is doing anything shady here.

well this will be the easiest i have ever proved anybody wrong

pay the fukc some attention here chief, i didn't misunderstand anything, and if you ever call me gay again, to the moon Alice, to the mother fukcing moon! :p

however i must applaud you for you perfect capitalization of my screen name, it shows you really care.lol

lol. I think rainjacks has 1LoudLS and LS Monk mixed up.

Would this be related to that "tact" thing that I am told I lack?

i think that it just has to do with the precise ways that engineers think, other people seem to take other peoples feelings into account when explaining something to someone, and you sir, get right down to the point as accurate as possible.

thats why i like you, your a straight shooter and i cant fault you for that :D

and if somebody wants more"tact" they should talk to a therapist (just not the one from the gieco commercial). if they want an accurate answer then they should talk to you.

i think that it just has to do with the precise ways that engineers think, other people seem to take other peoples feelings into account when explaining something to someone, and you sir, get right down to the point as accurate as possible.

thats why i like you, your a straight shooter and i cant fault you for that :D

and if somebody wants more"tact" they should talk to a therapist (just not the one from the gieco commercial). if they want an accurate answer then they should talk to you.

YouTube- ‪Dilbert - The Knack‬‎

The payoff is at about the 50 second mark.

"Can he live a normal life?"

"No, he'll be an engineer"

:lol:

Well i think this got off track fast...........Anyways YES the SCT tool is unlocked and NO you can't just load a tune that was for the xcal2 (or any other tuner from my understanding for that matter). SCT was smart inside your tune is the serial number of the handheld tuner. If the number isnt the same. I WOULD ASSUME all you have to do is edit the number in the tuner in the advange sofware. How long could that take to justify $150 for 2 tunes. Honestly I dont think it was fair for a repeat customer. I wasnt looking for FREE but sure wasnt asking for $150. I will make some calls around here tomorrow. Hopefully I will have better luck. Thanks guys.

Well i think this got off track fast...........Anyways YES the SCT tool is unlocked and NO you can't just load a tune that was for the xcal2 (or any other tuner from my understanding for that matter). SCT was smart inside your tune is the serial number of the handheld tuner. If the number isnt the same. I WOULD ASSUME all you have to do is edit the number in the tuner in the advange sofware. How long could that take to justify $150 for 2 tunes. Honestly I dont think it was fair for a repeat customer. I wasnt looking for FREE but sure wasnt asking for $150. I will make some calls around here tomorrow. Hopefully I will have better luck. Thanks guys.

Good to know about xcal2, and xcal3. In all seriousness, let us know the outcome for future reference, I'm sure it will come up again.

I don't believe that's the issue. The newer XCals use a different file format - I not sure you can actually convert them, but basically recreate the tune file and generate the output in the new file format. So - I believe what oyu are are asking is no different than asking for new tune files.

Misunderstanding

well this will be the easiest i have ever proved anybody wrong

pay the fukc some attention here chief, i didn't misunderstand anything, and if you ever call me gay again, to the moon Alice, to the mother fukcing moon! :p

however i must applaud you for you perfect capitalization of my screen name, it shows you really care.lol

Hey, easy on the belligerence. Rainjacks comment had nothing to do with preference. What he said was actually a briefer reference to 'straightforward'. Don't get your Jockeys in a twist.:)
KS

I don't believe that's the issue. The newer XCals use a different file format - I not sure you can actually convert them, but basically recreate the tune file and generate the output in the new file format. So - I believe what oyu are are asking is no different than asking for new tune files.

This is true, he must convert the LL3 files to CEF files.

Hey, easy on the belligerence. Rainjacks comment had nothing to do with preference. What he said was actually a briefer reference to 'straightforward'. Don't get your Jockeys in a twist.:)
KS
Better head to Walmart to get new batts for your sarcasm meter chief. ;)

Better head to Walmart to get new batts for your sarcasm meter chief. ;)

I guess I just don't find your instant preoccupation with homosexuality either appropriate or amusing. Trying to cloak that preoccupation by claiming sarcasm is simply lame.;)

KS

^^This^^

Also I wouldnt complain on paying $150 for two "new" tune files, I just paid $200 for one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back