Anybody doing mods to their V6 LS?

Hetrodyne

New LVC Member
Reaction score
The 3.0 V6 has caught someones attention, and was wondering if anyone has pursued this on this forum.

for instance:
Noble Cars UK uses a 3.0-liter 352 hp version for the Noble® M12 GTO-3R in the UK. This is the same Ford Duratec aluminum block V6 engine currently used in the Mazda 6, Lincoln LS, Jaguar X-Type and Ford Escape with the addition of twin turbo induction and slight engine mods. With this drivetrain the Noble® GTO-3R is capable of going 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds, 0-100mph in 8.8 seconds, a quarter mile in 11.9 seconds, and has a lateral grip of 1.156g with street tires.

granted, the car in street form wouldn't generate these numbers. but it would be a lot more fun to drive.

more here>>http://www.noblecarsusa.com/

I have done a few things. CAI, Magnaflow with X pipe, and SST shifter. I have emailed a few people about Superchargers, that are made for the Cougar and the Freestyle using the same V6. But these are FWD and it seems like it won't work in our RWD cars. I still haven't given up yet and will continue to look around for something. When I do find it, I will post about it.

The first mistake is th LS engine is shared only with the S-Type. None of the others. I think he meant '96-'05 Taurus/Sable.

Back when i had my '02 V6 i talked to a place here in Orlando called Central Florida Turbo. I have a buddy who is into drifting and he refered them. They pretty much told me to forget about it. Just the install would cost a ton and that doesnt mean it'll run. The tuning would cost another arm & leg. They said its possible to get done for racing purposes, but not as a daily driver.

I think some have installed Nitrus in their v6's. The XCAL-2 is also quite popular.
The only performance mods I have is a KKM intake. Cant say it made much of a performace difference but I do like the way it sounds.

Kenne Bell produces a sc for the 3.0 in the Escape. A lot of cars use the duratec 30. mostly FWD, the only other fully RWD is the S-Type. i say fully RWD because some are AWD, X-Type, Escape. I look at the LS like a giant puzzle put together by Ford, find what piece originates where and you might be able to find an aftermarket replacement. Try STS turbos, they have universal kits that mount remotely (rear bumper). The tuning would be the most challenging part. Of course you could run a stand alone for the engine/transmission and the stock ecu for the rest of the car. Of course, if you up the power level too much you'll want a new tranny, go to Getrag, they make a six speed manual for the DT 30. There's nothing in the way of a rear end, unless you manhandle a 2003-2004 Cobra's in there. FoMoCo did not see the need for an LSD in even the S-Type R with it's 400 hp and 400 lb-ft. What a waste.

Cougar Forums are a great place to read about what can be done to the DT 30, those guys like to put SVT cams from the 2.5L in. http://www.newcougar.org/ . A lot of good stuff there.

Of course you could run a stand alone for the engine/transmission and the stock ecu for the rest of the car.

That won't work either. The FEM, REM and PCM all communicate with other. Th OLOA LS tried that when they dropped in the Cobra engine. The power windows didn't work, the instruments didn't work, the power locks didn't work, etc.

As you said, the tuning would be the most difficult, but with enough $$$ anything can be done.

ive got a custom cold air intake, and custom exhaust, the kkm IS NOT a cold air intake its just a filter on the mass air meter sucking air off the exhaust manifold. the ls doesnt have the same motor as the jag either the intakes are different. the noble uses the same shortblock as the ls but has a .30 over bore and a dished forged wiseco piston. it has a scat forged crank, scat h beam forged rods, and manley valves. all of these things are to lower compression and prolong life under twin turbo boost.the ls v6 has forged pistons and rods stock. it also uses the intake off of the sable/taurus because its a single stage which allows boost to flow straight through. the ls is a dual stage used to increase air velocity. im in the middle of a complete rebuild of mine. pics of the project are coming soon. but nobody on here will be able to touch me in the quarter mile.(nobody has anyway even the v8s) and it will be totally reliable and streetable. the v6 has potential. granted mine is a five speed also which im modifying as well, but you have to step outside the box and come up with your own stuff. the ls aftermarket sucks. sorry. but ill show you what you can do in about a week when the motor is reassembled and going back in. i may seem cocky but i love these cars and everyone does the same stuff. it kills me

So XxbmxlsxX, what your best 1/4 time? Can't see you beating 8s even on spray.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC your V8 runs fast with a couple mods w/ timeslips to prove it. I owned a 00' v6 5-speed and it would not keep up with a v8 at all.

That why I traded to a 02 V8 then evenutally a 04 V8 and now with 800HP V8 Cadillac CTS-V's around, I will be upgrading again shortly.

13.56 and no matter what my time its always over a hundred mph. but thats with my old setup, untuned, its bigger and better now . just wait a week so i can get the pics of the work we are doing. im no trash talker so dont worry. i have other fast cars and dont make claims i race everything and push everything to its breaking point. not conservative here. it either goes or it blows and thats how i learn what works. im not being cocky im just excited to be posting about this project finally, ive been woring on in for a while and have been talking to quik about certain things. ive done my homework on this motor and the noble setup for 5 years now while running my car into the ground with an untuned nitrous setup. but it worked. unfortunately ive been carjacked and not only did the car get trashed but everythiing stolen,including my binder that had all my notes from the past years of research and timeslips from all my cars.

and by the way.....02V8Sport....... your car is bada..! just thought id tell ya if you ever go to gateway in illinios maybe we could have a grudge match for fun ive never raced another ls before, just scumaros, gtos hondas,and mustangs. and one subbie sti (that i beat by two cars). anyway sweet ride juice it the time is with and with my seventeens on the car those tires are way way better than my nineteens

the one i raced was a stock sti with catback so if thats what you got sure if not ill get out my monster i dont care if i win or lose i love racing and seeing cars go fast usually im betting on the other driver not being as aggressive as me. if only my car could sound like your subaru..... life would be perfect

and by the way.....02V8Sport....... your car is bada..! just thought id tell ya if you ever go to gateway in illinios maybe we could have a grudge match for fun ive never raced another ls before, just scumaros, gtos hondas,and mustangs. and one subbie sti (that i beat by two cars). anyway sweet ride juice it the time is with and with my seventeens on the car those tires are way way better than my nineteens

thank you!! XxbmxlsxX;273854 I dont race around in the LS anymore, I have a 02 Saleen to go fast, the LS cant touch it.

ive got a 90 mustang with a blower and all the fixins keep blowin head gaskets still fast as hell though just cant boost it much without blowin coolant out of the radiator. damn fords

XxbmxlsxX you have one of the nicest LS's on here. Im impressed by the times you run. I gave you the first comment in your photo gallery. I want your wheels!!

thanks man they were discontinued a year ago but there are still some here and there but not cheap. i need to update my pics i have redone some interior no more wood grain. lots of new stuff, a bit buried in it and work right now. the car sat for almost two years after it was stolen with a spun bearing. now a friend of mine agreed to help my rebuild it. ported heads ported intake and exhaust manifolds, hollow cats, solid flywheel(not the dual mass setup it came with) 05 mustang hurst shifter, resurfaced clutch, kenne bell boost a pump, clevite bearings, hopefully arp rod bolts and head bolts im waiting for them to get back to me. once its tuned its getting two stage n2o setup, 50 intial shot with 75 secondary shot. nervous and excited.

click "go advanced" beside "post quick reply" then scroll down to upload photos/manage attachments and click "click to upload photo" then upload and close the window and submit the post.

oops u beat me 02v8sport

Members online

Back