any V6 performance mods?

rgvlincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
wats up guys....I just bought a 2001 V6 Lincoln LS...is there any mods I can do to it to get some extra HP? maybe K&N intake or a tuning software?

Hello and welcome aboard,

Well it seems liek the CAI and the exhust are the only things right now. Go thru www.lskoncepts.com and you can order you CAI. JUst read thru the forums and see what ups.

Hello and welcome aboard,

Well it seems liek the CAI and the exhaust are the only things right now. Go thru www.lskoncepts.com and you can order you CAI. JUst read thru the forums and see what ups.

hmm I've never liked how exhausts sound on V6 cars. I'll get the K&N for sure though...which one will work better the Typhoon K&N intake or the 57 Series K&N intake??

I'm working with a company in South Florida right now to do ported heads and custom camshafts. I think that would peep these bad boys up.

Signal - do you have idea whether or not cams from a SVT Contour 2.5 would work? I've been doing research on Cougar forums about modding the Duratec 30 with D25 parts and it seems pretty common to put Contour cams in, but then again they're using Sable and Taurus engines.

Signal - do you have idea whether or not cams from a SVT Contour 2.5 would work? I've been doing research on Cougar forums about modding the Duratec 30 with D25 parts and it seems pretty common to put Contour cams in, but then again they're using Sable and Taurus engines.

I have no idea. I know that what we are doing will work. Since I'm not building a motor that is going to be revving over 7500rpm, i'm just having the stock cams regrinded. Pretty much what they do is add material and then CNC them down to the proper specs. They've been doing it for years on many different types of vehicles.

Same with the heads. They are just going to CNC port & polish them. All in all, it should be good for about 30-50 horse to the wheels.
I also found a shop down here that does custom turbo fabrication... I might go price that out and build a little turbo sleeper :)

Members online

Back