Another Transmission "E"

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, cruising along about 40-45 I notice that it hasn't shifted into 5th because I'm cruising at about 2500RPMs. I put into into SST to try to force the shift, and it all of a sudden drops into 3rd and TRANSMISSION ERROR and "E" gear. I turn the car off for a little while, then restart it and everything seems normal. Once again around 40MPH it hasn't shifted into 5th, so I floor it up to around 60 then it really HARD slams into 5th. For the remainder of the trip, it shifts normally. Next time I get into the car, It starts off shifting normally, then after the car has gotten up to temperature, I have the same problems again. (won't shift, floor it - slams into gear, works normally). Now after it shifts normally after the "floor it fix" for about 5 or 6 stops, it starts refusing to shift again, then I have to floor it.. and that's getting really annoying. What does it look like is going on here?

Solenoid block and/or prestroke spring. If its delaying or slamming into reverse its almost confirmed that its the issue.

---off topic---

"Crazy Mike Mucitelli"

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your transmission troubles but I was just checking out your
link to your fighting career in your sig and found a few vids on youTube. Pretty cool man!
I'm going to keep an eye out for you on the fights. +1 keep up the training and good work!

---off topic---

"Crazy Mike Mucitelli"

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your transmission troubles but I was just checking out your
link to your fighting career in your sig and found a few vids on youTube. Pretty cool man!
I'm going to keep an eye out for you on the fights. +1 keep up the training and good work!

Thanks man! Things have been going pretty awesome so far. If you watch MMA, I'm fighting in two weeks on Bellator in Maine. I'm sad to say with all of the added breakdowns of my beloved LS, if I win my winnings may be going towards a replacement vehicle :(

Solenoid block and/or prestroke spring. If its delaying or slamming into reverse its almost confirmed that its the issue.

Now that you mention it, there often is a delay moving into reverse and every now and again it almost seems to "catch" into reverse a bit harshly. About how much would this issue run on the bill?

Now that you mention it, there often is a delay moving into reverse and every now and again it almost seems to "catch" into reverse a bit harshly. About how much would this issue run on the bill?

About $700+, unless you DIY.

I haven't done it before, but i think its pretty straight forward install

Thanks man! Things have been going pretty awesome so far. If you watch MMA, I'm fighting in two weeks on Bellator in Maine. I'm sad to say with all of the added breakdowns of my beloved LS, if I win my winnings may be going towards a replacement vehicle :(

will it be on spike?

The worst part is laying on your back (unless you have access to a lift), removing one of the bolts that hold it (don't remember which one) and refilling the trans to the proper level.

I haven't done it before, but i think its pretty straight forward install

Any write-ups available? I was a mechanic for 4 years, and I've done all my own work for my last 3 cars and all my friends' cars but I never once touched a transmission. So, I'd be willing to guinea pig this car a bit more...

Note: this is a GEN 1, not sure if that matters because I thought I had seen this being more specific to gen 2 or not..

will it be on spike?

Depends, My first Bellator fight was scheduled for TV, so i was on then (but then it was on MTV2), my second one wasn't scheduled, but they put it on because it was over in 26 seconds. ;) This one isn't scheduled for television, but hopefully I can make the win earn me some TV time, again. Even if it doesn't make the main broadcast the prelims are broadcast live on Spike.com!

Good Luck... In both!!! Interviews were right... You get what you put in!

Members online

No members online now.
Back