Another RACIST republican!

lincolnx2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://wonkette.com/409193/latest-r...summary-of-44-american-presidents#more-409193

REPUBLICANS IN THE NEWS Latest Republican Racist Email Features Hilarious Summary of 44 American Presidents
How are the Republican politicians doing with the email today? Not too good, as usual! It’s a busy Monday, as one Republican official already got busted doing racist anti-Michelle Obama stuff on the Facebook, and now we’re learning about some super-funny racist emails sent out by a Tennessee GOP legislative staffer for Republican state senator Diane Black. Let’s meet the charming Sherri Goforth, who sent the image above to god knows how many people because, ha, a Negro in the White House?

Nashville Is Talking reports:

When I asked her if she understood the controversial nature of the photo, Goforth would only say she felt very bad about accidentally sending it to the wrong list. When I gave her a second chance to address the controversial nature of the email, she again repeated that she only felt bad about sending it to the wrong list of people.

“I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button,” Goforth told NIT. “I’m very sick about it, and it’s one of those things I can’t change or take back.”

Yes, yes, Republicans must be careful not to hit the “wrong button” when sending out the racist bull:q:q:q:q. Sadly, our liberal technology sector has yet to create a button that would only send your racist :q:q:q:qwad idiocy to fellow mouth-breathing racist cretins who think there is NOTHING as funny as the idea of … people with dark complexions. Even when you’re just sending the Funnies to proper white folk, there is still often a “N.L.” who will complain about old-fashioned Southern comedy.

She didn't apologize for sending the E-mail, she apologized for sending it to the wrong list.

"Another".... so, according to you there is more then one. Can you name them and how you know they are "racist"?

You should also note this conservative blog condemning this person.

I have heard plenty of black men tell jokes about the darkness of the completion of some in the black community. Would you consider those jokes racist?

Frankly, the "racist" claim has become meaningless because the term has been used wrongly so often that the general understanding of the term is so broad as to be worthless. This incident is being over-hyped simply because it is an opportunity to bash Republicans. Black comedians say far worse things about blacks, whites and most any ethnic group for that matter, and it is accepted. Chapelle, Griffin, Mencia, etc. all say far worse things about various ethnic groups but there is no outrage.

There is no indication that there was a hateful racist sentiment in sending this email; it was likely simply sent because the person thought some people would find some humor in it; in the same vein as the "racist" jokes of many comedians. From a political standpoint, it was foolish, but that is due to the disingenuous and arbitrary racial hypersensitivity fostered and milked by race-hustlers like Sharpton, Jackson, Wright, etc. Combine that with the blatant double standard in the MSM, among elites, etc. and this gets predicably overhyped and taken out of context as a means to smear conservatives.

http://www.theseminal.com/2009/06/1...nts-directed-at-president-obama-and-his-wife/

I know the traditional media has its hands full providing exhaustive coverage of the David Letterman-Sarah Palin saga, but when they get a minute, maybe they can look into the racist and bizarre comments Republican activists are directing at President Obama and his wife. As I mentioned the other day, a Republican activist in South Carolina just compared Michelle Obama to a gorilla. Not to be outdone, today, another Republican activist in SC posted this gem on Twitter: “Just heard Obama is going to impose a 40% tax on aspirin because it’s white and it works.“ Funny stuff–but wait, there’s more. A Republican staffer for a Tennessee state senator emailed a block of paintings and photographs of U.S. presidents. The white presidents were shown in their actual likenesses–Obama was depicted as a disembodied cartoon set of eyes–get it?–he’s a “spook“.

It’s all comedy gold, I grant you, but once we all wipe the tears of mirth off our faces, maybe we can ask a coupld of questions: (1) why is the nearly all-white Republican party (I don’t believe there’s been an African-American member of Congress since J.C. Watts retired in 2002, unless I’m forgetting someone) a home for racists? and (2) when will national Republican leaders denounce this series of racist attacks against the President of the United States?

I should also note that it’s not like these racist comments are something new. When Obama was running for president, a Republican congressman referred to the 47 year old Obama by using the derogatory term “boy“. A Republican newsletter in California showed candidate Obama surrounded by fried chicken, watermelon, and food stamps.

I’ll keep waiting for responsible Republicans to denounce all this as the blatant racism it is. I’ll also keep watching–I’m sure there will be more to come.

As I mentioned the other day, a Republican activist in South Carolina just compared Michelle Obama to a gorilla. Not to be outdone, today, another Republican activist in SC posted this gem on Twitter: “Just heard Obama is going to impose a 40% tax on aspirin because it’s white and it works.“ Funny stuff–but wait, there’s more. A Republican staffer for a Tennessee state senator emailed a block of paintings and photographs of U.S. presidents. The white presidents were shown in their actual likenesses–Obama was depicted as a disembodied cartoon set of eyes–get it?–he’s a “spook“.

This is nothing more then the typical humor directed at any President. The biggest physical and/or cultural difference that sets him apart from other presidents is his african-american background, so it is going to be used as a type of criticism. Bush was criticised as an ignorant hick from texas, same with Bill from Arkansas. Those type of comments are no more or less "intolerant" then these directed at Obama.

The months after the Obama election I recieved a ton of these type of texts/emails. Some funny some not. But none were ever implying that he was somehow incompetent because he was black (which would meet the technical definition of "racisim"), they were all meant in good humor. Many were told and/or sent to me by Obama supports and some blacks I know.

I specifically remember some sort of skit on Mencia's show that had someone dressed in a white tux and wearing blackface as a caricature of Obama.

(1) why is the nearly all-white Republican party (I don’t believe there’s been an African-American member of Congress since J.C. Watts retired in 2002, unless I’m forgetting someone) a home for racists?

That is a classic loaded question. It assumes that the Republican party is a home for racists. It is a false stereotype. What former Klan members are in the Republican party? I know of at least one (Robert Byrd) in the Democrat party.

And the point of the "nearly all-white Republican party" is, frankly, ignorant. Here are a few famous black Republicans today:
  • Thomas Sowell; one of the preeminent conservative thinkers today. Most any intellectual conservative today has read many of Sowell's writings and learned quite a lot from this brilliant man.
  • Walter E. Williams; also in the same category as Mr. Sowell, Professor Williams is also an occasional guest host for the Rush Limbaugh radio show.
  • Associate Justice Clarance Thomas
  • Alan Keyes
  • J.C. Watts
  • Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson; Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court
  • Michael Steele
  • Colin Powell
  • Ward Connerly
  • Angela McGlowan
  • Condoleezza Rice
  • Lynn Swann
  • Armstrong Williams
  • Joseph C. Phillips
If you don't know who all those people are, many came from this list. All are politically active Republicans, but some are not exactly "conservative".

When will national Republican leaders denounce this series of racist attacks against the President of the United States?

From what I can tell, all the examples you cite so far in this post are meant to be humor among friends. To call them "racist attacks" is a gross exaggeration.

I should also note that it’s not like these racist comments are something new. When Obama was running for president, a Republican congressman referred to the 47 year old Obama by using the derogatory term “boy“.

That was Rep. Geoff Davis, who later apologized for his comments. But in the context of what he was saying, it seems more likely that Davis was simply trying to indicate Obama's naivety and inexperience when it comes to international politics.

The fact that, even though the context of the quote is vague at best concerning any racist sentiment, it is assumed to be racist is another example of the hypersensitivity to claims of racism in American culture today.

Shouldn't a comment that is a little vague get the benefit of the doubt instead of being assumed to be racist? to do otherwise suggests a prejudice against republicans.

It should also be pointed out that Biden, when running for the Democrat nomination for President said about Obama:
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
So, by implication, he is saying that most African-Americans are not, "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy". Would you consider that a racist comment?

A Republican newsletter in California showed candidate Obama surrounded by fried chicken, watermelon, and food stamps.

Link?

If true, it was a dumb political move and inappropriate for a political party newsletter. Very poor taste in humor in that context. But the humor, in another context is acceptable, unless you impose a double standard.

I’ll keep waiting for responsible Republicans to denounce all this as the blatant racism it is. I’ll also keep watching–I’m sure there will be more to come.

No offense but you seem to be assuming a false stereotype of republicans that is ignorant of the truth and that is rationalized by cherry-picked examples that are distorted and/or exaggerated as well as an apparent double standard between Republicans and Democrats.

To call these examples "blatant racism" is hyperbole, and to chastise them is a double standard; unless you think it is inappropriate when Chapelle, Mencia or any other comedian does it as well.

It's funny NO ONE ever talks about all the racist Democrats. these were the guys who opposed ALL civil rights. no one talks about Robert Byrd, he was a high ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan. It was Republicans, Abraham Lincoln who abolished slavery, and who pushed for civil rights "A calculation of 26 major civil rights votes from 1933 through the 1960's civil rights era shows that Republicans favored civil rights in approximately 96% of the votes, whereas the Democrats opposed them in 80% of the votes!" . which is ironic because the majority of "minorities" are supporters of the democratic party.

http://members.tripod.com/~GOPcapitalist/democratrecord.html

This is nothing more then the typical humor directed at any President. The biggest physical and/or cultural difference that sets him apart from other presidents is his african-american background, so it is going to be used as a type of criticism. Bush was criticised as an ignorant hick from texas, same with Bill from Arkansas. Those type of comments are no more or less "intolerant" then these directed at Obama.

The months after the Obama election I recieved a ton of these type of texts/emails. Some funny some not. But none were ever implying that he was somehow incompetent because he was black (which would meet the technical definition of "racisim"), they were all meant in good humor. Many were told and/or sent to me by Obama supports and some blacks I know.

I specifically remember some sort of skit on Mencia's show that had someone dressed in a white tux and wearing blackface as a caricature of Obama.

That is a classic loaded question. It assumes that the Republican party is a home for racists. It is a false stereotype. What former Klan members are in the Republican party? I know of at least one (Robert Byrd) in the Democrat party.

And the point of the "nearly all-white Republican party" is, frankly, ignorant. Here are a few famous black Republicans today:
  • Thomas Sowell; one of the preeminent conservative thinkers today. Most any intellectual conservative today has read many of Sowell's writings and learned quite a lot from this brilliant man.
  • Walter E. Williams; also in the same category as Mr. Sowell, Professor Williams is also an occasional guest host for the Rush Limbaugh radio show.
  • Alan Keyes
  • J.C. Watts
  • Michael Steele
  • Colin Powell
  • Ward Connerly
  • Angela McGlowan
  • Condoleezza Rice
  • Lynn Swann
  • Armstrong Williams
  • Joseph C. Phillips
If you don't know who all those people are, many came from this list. All are politically active Republicans, but some are not exactly "conservative".

From what I can tell, all the examples you cite so far in this post are meant to be humor among friends. To call them "racist attacks" is a gross exaggeration.

That was Rep. Geoff Davis, who later apologized for his comments. But in the context of what he was saying, it seems more likely that Davis was simply trying to indicate Obama's naivety and inexperience when it comes to international politics.

The fact that, even though the context of the quote is vague at best concerning any racist sentiment, it is assumed to be racist is another example of the hypersensitivity to claims of racism in American culture today.

Shouldn't a comment that is a little vague get the benefit of the doubt instead of being assumed to be racist? to do otherwise suggests a prejudice against republicans.

It should also be pointed out that Biden, when running for the Democrat nomination for President said about Obama:
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
So, by implication, he is saying that most African-Americans are not, "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy". Would you consider that a racist comment?

Link?

If true, it was a dumb political move and inappropriate for a political party newsletter. Very poor taste in humor in that context. But the humor, in another context is acceptable, unless you impose a double standard.

No offense but you seem to be assuming a false stereotype of republicans that is ignorant of the truth and that is rationalized by cherry-picked examples that are distorted and/or exaggerated as well as an apparent double standard between Republicans and Democrats.

To call these examples "blatant racism" is hyperbole, and to chastise them is a double standard; unless you think it is inappropriate when Chapelle, Mencia or any other comedian does it as well.

Here is the link of the watermelon picture:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/mail-price-public-2317355-apology-people

• Alan Keyes
  • J.C. Watts
  • Michael Steele
  • Colin Powell
  • Ward Connerly
  • Angela McGlowan
  • Condoleezza Rice
  • Lynn Swann
  • Armstrong Williams
  • Joseph C. Phillips

Link?

Shag, I wold love for you to call a black man a monkey, be sure to let me know how it turns out.

It's funny NO ONE ever talks about all the racist Democrats. these were the guys who opposed ALL civil rights. no one talks about Robert Byrd, he was a high ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan. It was Republicans, Abraham Lincoln who abolished slavery, and who pushed for civil rights "A calculation of 26 major civil rights votes from 1933 through the 1960's civil rights era shows that Republicans favored civil rights in approximately 96% of the votes, whereas the Democrats opposed them in 80% of the votes!" . which is ironic because the majority of "minorities" are supporters of the democratic party.

Are we living in 1700's, it will always be hard for the republican party to shake the "racism" stereotype with people saying things like this:
http://members.tripod.com/~GOPcapitalist/democratrecord.html
http://newsone.blackplanet.com/elections/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Normally I do Top 5 lists, but Rush Limbaugh’s racist comments could not be limited by such a small number. Now that he has reared his ugly once again in saying that Colin Powell is endorsing Barack Obama because he is black, it’s time to ask ourselves why is Sarah Palin appearing on the show with such an astounding racist. Is she pallin around with bigots?

If John McCain was so eager to have Barack Obama repudiate the statements of his ’supporter,’ John Lewis, shouldn’t John McCain repudiate the extremely racist comments of his biggest right wing radio supporter, Rush Limbaugh.

Here’s Our Top 10 Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes

1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

Okay Rush, slavery was not a good thing for the millions of African Americans who were enslaved, raped and beaten. The streets weren’t at all safe for African Americans. Slavery not a bad thing? Someone should put Rush on a plantation for him to see how great it is. Keep on fear and race mongering Rush, you might get to Goebels status.

2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Martin Luther King is a national hero, not a black hero. Everybody in the United States celebrates his birthday, children are taught to look up to him as a hero in school. He’s earned the respect and admiration of the world and you believe the man who killed him was a hero? This is beyond racist. This is evil, mean spirited, subhuman. Praising the assassin of one of our great American heroes is beyond the scope of regular racism.

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

No but I’ve noticed that all racist bigots think like Rush Limbaugh. Comparing a respected black politician and minister to common criminals is Jim Crow racism. Maybe all black people look alike to him, but I’ve never seen a picture of a wanted criminal that looks like Jesse Jackson. A serial killer that looks like Rush Limbaugh on the other hand.

John Wayne Gacy

4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

The communist connection is an old way of dealing with black leaders. They used it on Martin Luther King, they’re using it on Barack Obama and Limbaugh used it on Nelson Mandela. By siding with the racist apartheid regime over a world-wide symbol of peace and freedom, Limbaugh has shown he’s a global racist.

5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

Limbaugh is once again fear mongering and race baiting by associating professional black athletes with criminals and gangmembers. He continues the fear mongering association of good, decent, hard working African Americans as criminals.

6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

Now Limbaugh is saying that an organization with a storied tradition of representing the positive black people for change in their communities are criminals and rioters. An organization that has been represented by intelligent professional African Americans, that has played a part in the Civil Rights movement and continues to be an intelligent, concerned voice for the African American community is degraded to common criminals. There you go Rush. Keep racism alive!!!!

7. They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

Decent human beings care Rush. Someone out of that 12% may just become President of the United States. Not caring about black people? Even George Bush wouldn’t admit to that.

8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).

Okay Rush that’s classy. The old African bone in the nose stereotype. Wasn’t funny when the racist white school kids called the black kids that and it’s definitely not funny when a grown man with audience of millions of easily influenced dittoheads says it either.

9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

I wasn’t super offended by this, the whole black quarterback/coach thing has been going on for years in sports, but the quote was so offensive that Retired General Wesley Clarke said:

There can be no excuse for such statements. Mr. Limbaugh has the right to say whatever he wants, but ABC and ESPN have no obligation to sponsor such hateful and ignorant speech. Mr. Limbaugh should be fired immediately.

When a respected, retired general condemns the statement of a sportscaster, you know he’s gone too far.

10. Limbaugh attacks on Obama. Limbaugh has called Obama a ‘halfrican American’ has said that Obama was not black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya. Since mainstream America has become more accepting of African-Americans, Limbaugh has decided to play against its new racial fears, Arabs and Muslims. Despite the fact Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school, Limbaugh has called him an ‘affirmative action candidate.’ Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for black a man who many Americans are supporting for president. Way to go Rush.

So Rush Limbaugh has managed to make racist attacks on four of the most admired and respected people of African descent in the past one hundred years, in Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Colin Powell and Barack Obama. He has called for the assassin of Martin Luther King to be given a medal, and said slavery was a good thing. He has claimed that Joe the Plumber, who isn’t even a plumber is more important in this election than Colin Powell, a decorated military veteran who has served honorably in three administrations. How can the Republican party stand by this man and let their candidates appear on his show? Rush Limbaugh’s comments are so racist, they’re funny, in a Borat, Archie Bunker kind of way. What is not funny is the millions of dittoheads who listen to him, who take in and re-spout all the racist rhetoric that he spits. Limbaugh’s statements are echoed in the racist, angry Palin/McCain supporters who shout ‘kill him,’ ‘terrorist,’ ‘communist,’ ‘traitor,’ ’socialist’ and ‘off with his head

...so is the implication here that racism is a trait unique to Republicans.

Do I win the argument if I provide a list of black people who are Republicans?
What if I provide a list of racist statements made by Democrats?
Can black people be racist too? Because, politically, the do tend to be Democrats?

Are all ethnic jokes bad, or are we just upset about the ones that involve black people? Is an aspirin joke about a black person worse than saying that Indians and Pakistanis own convenience stores?

Are there any grand wizards or klansmen in the leadership of the GOP?
Was Jeremiah Write a racist?

This thread is absurd.

I'm not going line by line addressing yet ANOTHER internet propaganda piece designed to take comments out of context to present someone as a racist, purely for politically opportunistic reasons.

Stop playing the race card and being a victim.

...so is the implication here that racism is a trait unique to Republicans.

Can black people be racist too? Because, politically, the do tend to be Democrats?

Are all ethnic jokes bad, or are we just upset about the ones that involve black people? Is an aspirin joke about a black person worse than saying that Indians and Pakistanis own convenience stores?

This thread is absurd.

I'm not going line by line addressing yet ANOTHER internet propaganda piece designed to take comments out of context to present someone as a racist, purely for politically opportunistic reasons.

Stop playing the race card and being a victim.

I am only a victim if I have a 5.77 round coming my way, would this be propaganda if it were Joe Biden sending a pic of Rush Limbaugh popping pills, you guys were all up in arms when Obama chose Sotomayer as a Supreme court judge,

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=54039&highlight=supreme
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=54260&highlight=supreme

If I were a conservative, would the post be "absurd".

I can see that the double standards are alive and well, I think this is my last visit to the political section.

Conservatives need to leave their protective bubble sometimes, take a trip down to the real world, where racism is very much alive.

http://newsone.blackplanet.com/elections/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Normally I do Top 5 lists, but Rush Limbaugh’s racist comments could not be limited by such a small number. Now that he has reared his ugly once again in saying that Colin Powell is endorsing Barack Obama because he is black, it’s time to ask ourselves why is Sarah Palin appearing on the show with such an astounding racist. Is she pallin around with bigots?
This list has been debunked already. Try snopes.com before you post such crappy propaganda.

I am only a victim if I have a 5.77 round coming my way,
Oh... I must have forgotten. You're in the military and black. :rolleyes:
By the way, that was sarcasm.

would this be propaganda if it were Joe Biden sending a pic of Rush Limbaugh popping pills,
I don't know how to respond to your non-sequitor.
Would it be propaganda is Biden were sending a picture of Limbaugh popping pills? I don't know, but it would make more sense than that nonsense "racist" glurge that keeps being reposted. Limbaugh DID develop an addiction to his prescribed pain killlers. He's never been a racist.

you guys were all up in arms when Obama chose Sotomayer as a Supreme court judge,
And why might that have been? Why might people have been opposed to the Sotomayer appointment?

Must I explained to you judicial philosophy or the concept the justice and the law are supposed to be blind.

Or are you saying that she made racists statements, and that was the sole reason for her opposition? If that is the case, then I must have missed your thread titled "Another Racist Democrat Appointee," you implication that Republicans have some kind of monopoly on racism has been proven false, and you have been exposed for a reactionary fool being manipulated by the political left in this country.

I can see that the double standards are alive and well, I think this is my last visit to the political section.
No one's shooting at you.

Conservatives need to leave their protective bubble sometimes, take a trip down to the real world, where racism is very much alive.
I agree. I hope they end the racist policies associated with affirmative action and quotas soon.

Oh, I'm sorry, is that not what you meant?
You were using a very limited concept of racism only including stupid jokes told in private, and not institutional racism that's endorsed by the government that rewards people based on ethnic identity, and essentially excludes others from opportunity because they're of their ethnicity and "non-minority status."

My mistake.

It's incredible, you linked to two threads in this forum thinking it was supporting your pathetic claim of racist double standards, and you didn't even take the time to read them. Specifically, I'll refer to the thread I posted that you pretended to focus on.

This is the oath of office that all Supreme Court justices make:

Quote:
"I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

This is clearly a thread discussing the role and responsibilities of the courts, juxtaposed to comments that Sotomeyer has made in public- about administering justic WITHOUT considering the race, economic status, or applying social "empathy" to the interpretation of the law.

By the way, you failed to answer any of the questions I asked.
Perhaps that was an accident, but they were serious questions.

...so is the implication here that racism is a trait unique to Republicans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... I must have forgotten. You're in the military and black. :rolleyes:
By the way, that was sarcasm.

I don't know how to respond to your non-sequitor.
Would it be propaganda is Biden were sending a picture of Limbaugh popping pills? I don't know, but it would make more sense than that nonsense "racist" glurge that keeps being reposted. Limbaugh DID develop an addiction to his prescribed pain killlers. He's never been a racist.

And why might that have been? Why might people have been opposed to the Sotomayer appointment?

Must I explained to you judicial philosophy or the concept the justice and the law are supposed to be blind.

Or are you saying that she made racists statements, and that was the sole reason for her opposition? If that is the case, then I must have missed your thread titled "Another Racist Democrat Appointee," you implication that Republicans have some kind of monopoly on racism has been proven false, and you have been exposed for a reactionary fool being manipulated by the political left in this country.

No one's shooting at you.

I agree. I hope they end the racist policies associated with affirmative action and quotas soon.

Oh, I'm sorry, is that not what you meant?
You were using a very limited concept of racism only including stupid jokes told in private, and not institutional racism that's endorsed by the government that rewards people based on ethnic identity, and essentially excludes others from opportunity because they're of their ethnicity and "non-minority status."

My mistake.

It's incredible, you linked to two threads in this forum thinking it was supporting your pathetic claim of racist double standards, and you didn't even take the time to read them. Specifically, I'll refer to the thread I posted that you pretended to focus on.

This is clearly a thread discussing the role and responsibilities of the courts, juxtaposed to comments that Sotomeyer has made in public- about administering justic WITHOUT considering the race, economic status, or applying social "empathy" to the interpretation of the law.

By the way, you failed to answer any of the questions I asked.
Perhaps that was an accident, but they were serious questions.

...so is the implication here that racism is a trait unique to Republicans?

Answering a post for someone who is not going to read it. Awesome!

At least Foss got it right:

Bye, race-baiter! :waving:

I am only a victim if I have a 5.77 round coming my way

Thankfully you don't have to worry about this ever happening, since there is no such thing as a 5.77 round.

If you're talking about the 5.6mm Von Hoffe, (which is the closest to a 5.77mm - Actual Size: 5.77x60.71mm-,) then again, I don't think you have to worry about that either... as it's not exactly a common round in the military.

:D

Here’s Our Top 10 Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes

1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

7. They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).

9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

10. Limbaugh attacks on Obama. Limbaugh has called Obama a ‘halfrican American’ has said that Obama was not black but Arab because Kenya is an Arab region, even though Arabs are less than one percent of Kenya. Since mainstream America has become more accepting of African-Americans, Limbaugh has decided to play against its new racial fears, Arabs and Muslims. Despite the fact Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law school, Limbaugh has called him an ‘affirmative action candidate.’ Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for black a man who many Americans are supporting for president. Way to go Rush.

More often then not, Limbaugh is quoted out of context and/or misquoted on these things, and the fact that you have echoed those misquotes and distortions of Limbaugh numerous times in this forum shows your credibility is non-existent in this area. Can you provide primary sources (with dates) to show that you are not simply repeating dishonest and distorting propaganda as you have a history of doing here?

For instance, in number "10" they are attributing the who "Barack the Magic Negro" thing to him when Limbaugh originally took it from an LA. Times piece written by a liberal. In fact, in the little parody played on his show even says that to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon as being sung by Al Sharpton. It is rather funny and, basically was a blatant setup to show when people are intentionally distorting him because the parody, in whole, spells out where the quote originally comes from; it is rather hard to miss in the parody. So on this point, the article is either ignorant of the truth and simply repeating what it has read from sources like Media Matters or whoever that are blatantly distorting what he says in an attempt to smear him, or they are intentionally attempting to smear him themselves.

There are many other examples in this article as well. The article has no credibility. If you are going to claim Limbaugh is a racist, at least do it honestly. Otherwise you show yourself to be just as ignorantly intolerant as you are accusing Republicans of being. Can you say, "hypocrite"? ;)

Would you show that pic to your Marines, I know the Army has a not tolerance rule, that pic would have gotten someone kicked out.

That has nothing to do with what I asked you. I said I thought it was funny, am I a racist?

At work, we dont talk about issues that could offend others, to include politics.

This morning I "corrected" a private that was talking in the smoke pit with other Marines and kept saying nigga this and nigga that and you my nigga but you dumb as hell, etc... I explained to him how that can be offensive to some people and to use some situational awareness. He apologized, and went on to say that I could call him that if I wanted to because it wouldnt offend him. I then explained to him that I was the one he was offending and he looked really surprised.

That has nothing to do with what I asked you. I said I thought it was funny, am I a racist?

At work, we dont talk about issues that could offend others, to include politics.

This morning I "corrected" a private that was talking in the smoke pit with other Marines and kept saying nigga this and nigga that and you my nigga but you dumb as hell, etc... I explained to him how that can be offensive to some people and to use some situational awareness. He apologized, and went on to say that I could call him that if I wanted to because it wouldnt offend him. I then explained to him that I was the one he was offending and he looked really surprised.

Props to you for setting that private str8 Chadly.

Members online

Back