Another Project Finished

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Reason why I haven't been on here much lately. The wife has wanted ceramic tile for awhile now. Well, she got it.:D Took a lot of time. waiting for things to dry. I removed all the appliances and baseboards. Tiled the kitchen and laundry room. Some of the pictures still have the spacers between the tiles. Bought the tile at Home Depot. What do you guys think?

Now, she wants granite counter tops.:eek:

While things were drying. I was working on a few more mods for the LS. That topic will be posted soon.

Tile 1.jpg

Tile 2.jpg

Tile 3.jpg

Tile 4.jpg

Tile 5.jpg

Tile 6.jpg

Tile 7.jpg

Tile 8.jpg

Home Depot? You suck! lol.

Looks great though. I just give you a hard time because I compete with Home Depot all the time. They work for me though. They get an informed consumer, they give up and send them over to Cabinet Corner. I love my local Home Depot. They're good for my business!

Nice work man. That is gunna look good when you're done grouting.

Pica of said wife??? :D

Dude, the first few pics are of the finished product, after grout. :rolleyes:

Oh sh!t. Lol.

I just started scrolling and saw pre-grout. I am on my phone so the pics were small. Yea. That's my excuse. Lol

Finished pictures. Basebaords on and appliances in place. Use can see in the first picture. I need to get a reducer strip for the transition tile to hardwood floor.

Tile 9.jpg

Tile 10.jpg

Tile 11.jpg

Tile 12.jpg

Looks good.Nice addtion to the home

Go for the granite. It is allot less $$$ than it used to be, and the right color for your kitchen will be stunning!
My recommendation is to go for the 3 cm material. it is usually a bit less than getting the thinner slab(2 cm), with a laminated edge(ends up 4 cm).
If you have a simple kitchen, look at the remnants the fabricator has. You can usually make a real good deal on those, if they have enough!
If you lived in the Seattle area, I could help with that!

Gary Atkins
Engineering Manager
Kitchen Plus

Another kitchen guy here? cool.

+1 on 3cm. That's all I try to do. It's nice having the 4cm laminated edge for areas like raised bars though. You can get away with not having corbels then.

Go for the granite. It is allot less $$$ than it used to be, and the right color for your kitchen will be stunning!
My recommendation is to go for the 3 cm material. it is usually a bit less than getting the thinner slab(2 cm), with a laminated edge(ends up 4 cm).
If you have a simple kitchen, look at the remnants the fabricator has. You can usually make a real good deal on those, if they have enough!
If you lived in the Seattle area, I could help with that!

Gary Atkins
Engineering Manager
Kitchen Plus

Thanks for the tip.:) We have already picked out our top color. Made sure we would be able to find something that matched the tile, cabinets, and black appliances. We are going with a 10" splash guard and a fancy cut edge. Found several places offering warranties for stains too. With amount of counter space we have. I have found bids for $4k to $5k. Figure the counter tops will be done next spring.

Another kitchen guy here? cool.

+1 on 3cm. That's all I try to do. It's nice having the 4cm laminated edge for areas like raised bars though. You can get away with not having corbels then.

Yep, been in the business for 28 years!

Another great home improvement job, good to see you are learning a trade. ;)

Lucky your girls take after their mother. :D

How did you get the wife to marry you.......did you get her drunk? :lol:

lmao! i work at the depot man.

I spent 17 years in the home centers.
Pay 'N Pak, Earnst, and Eagle(before they were bought by Lowe's)

Anyone remember Pay 'N Pak, or Earnst? You probably need to have grown up in the northwest to remember, unless you were an unlimited hydroplane fan...Miss Pay 'N Pak

Rollin,
The only thing that gives me more satisfaction in life...after the wife, and the boys...oh, and after a successful car project, is a successful home improvement project!

Great job! Very classy looking addition to your home. I did tile in the the kitchen, bathroom and shower in our previous home. It is amazing how rewarding tiling is!
We have wood in the entryway, hallway and kitchen in our current home so I think the bathrooms are the next home addition project for me.

Another great home improvement job, good to see you are learning a trade. ;)

Lucky your girls take after their mother. :D

How did you get the wife to marry you.......did you get her drunk? :lol:

My gilrs got my blue eyes and blonde hair. Its all momma after that.

How did you know? Were you bartending that night?

I spent 17 years in the home centers.
Pay 'N Pak, Earnst, and Eagle(before they were bought by Lowe's)

Anyone remember Pay 'N Pak, or Earnst? You probably need to have grown up in the northwest to remember, unless you were an unlimited hydroplane fan...Miss Pay 'N Pak

Ernest? from heating and cooling commercials?

Rollin,
The only thing that gives me more satisfaction in life...after the wife, and the boys...oh, and after a successful car project, is a successful home improvement project!

:iconcur:..... We have a few more projects plan.:
1. Granite counter tops
2. bathroom in the basement
3. Knockout the back wall to the master bedroom and extent the master bedroom and bathroom. Install a garden tub and seperate shower.
4. some landscaping projects to do too

i say time now for some new cabinets, the floor looks real modern compared to the cabinets, they look kinda like press board, if they are real wood, maybe sanding them down and staining a color that matches the floor, but the tiles look good and modern

The house is five years old. The cabinets are Oak. Stain is called "Golden Oak". Not replacing or restaining anything. Once the granite is installed with the splash guard. the kitchen will look great. For now thou, I have to look at the ugly laminate counter tops.

The house is five years old. The cabinets are Oak. Stain is called "Golden Oak". Not replacing or restaining anything. Once the granite is installed with the splash guard. the kitchen will look great. For now thou, I have to look at the ugly laminate counter tops.

lol, just a suggestion, well maybe the tops will be the icing on the cake

Members online

Back