Another "Mini" Northern NJ Meet

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is sort of long shot, I know its pretty late notice, but Jjcool00 and I are planning to wash up our LSes and get together this sunday just to grab some pics and talk cars for a bit.

If anybody is around we would be very happy to have you join. Time and specific location are still to be decided but we're pretty much available all day and I wouldn't mind traveling a few miles.

Post here, or PM if you're interested.

EDIT: POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, sorry to those who were interested.

I'm willing to travel relatively far north if necessary. Maybe near Ramsey? Not sure about Jjcool though.

I have no plans so I'm down for anything. Although I don't know where Ramsey is haha. A park would be nice too. I could bring some stuff to grill if u guys want.

I may be interested in takin a drive to meet some of you guys, depending on when, I'm in upstate NY, could get a buddy who lives near by with an ls to come too, only a couple hours.

I'm going to post my schedule here so that there's no scheduling conflicts:

Weekends I am NOT available: August 24-25; Sept 7-8; Sept 14-15

Weekends I am available: August 31-Sept 2; Sept 21-22; Sept 28-29

So if any of those days works for Mlara, we can schedule something.

Your right, you are northern Ny, I'm upstate, that's just what cny is refered to, gotta say it though cause if you just say Ny, everyone just assumes the city lol, deffinatly, sounds great!

This is taking back off and shaping up to look like October 19 around 3-4 PM so that it's light enough out to take pics. We will most likely choose a bar/restaurant with a large enough parking lot for parking and pictures then eat and drink. I am not promoting drinking and driving, so please plan accordingly. If you plan on drinking - bring your gf/bf, friend, a DD to drive you home. If you get drunk or close to it, I'll call you a cab or let you crash on my futon :) (this may get awkward if more than one of you gets hammered with no plans as there is only one futon).

Still in the process of choosing a place - some good suggestions have been brought up and it will be finalized shortly. For now, keep your calendar clear for the 19th.

Also - anyone who may be interested (friends, family, significant others, people who don't have LS's, Mark VIII, MKZ, etc. guys/girls) are welcome to join in.

UPDATE:

The place will be Pole Position in Jersey City, NJ. 99 Caven Point Road, Jersey City, NJ 07305. It is an indoor go-kart place. www.polepositionraceway.com

We will meet there at 3:00 PM EST... take pics, bs, then go inside at around 4:00 (to give enough time to those who will be late) - race a bit, then around 6:00 we will make a move to the Beer Garden which is less than a mile away for drinks and food.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you decide you are coming or have questions. Thanks.

Here is the website for the "beer garden" - http://www.zeppelinhall.com/

Perfect in October for Oktoberfest.

ZH-oktoberfest-Star-Ledger-10.75_x5_9-19.jpg

As we get closer to Oct 19, I will post full directions to both locations - for people who decide to come to one other the other or both.

Lets see who can beat me? Over a second faster than my fastest opponent.
null_zps02f5e61f.jpg

Lol jk i promise i'm not a douche. Just trying to motivate more guys to show up.

I've never been to pole position and only "go-karted" 2-3 times in my entire life... the hood life doesn't let us enjoy such luxuries. Anyways, the weather has been fantastic lately, hopefully it holds up for the meet (even though it will be indoors).

Just to give you guys an idea of pricing - Pricing for pole position is $20-$25 per race (cheap). If we get more than 8 we can do endurance, grand prix, or super pole races (highly unlikely) if we get 10 we can rent out the whole track and do what we want all day (also highly unlikely 10+ show up). But ya never know... I do have a few buddies who don't have LS's and are coming, so it IS possible.

Also, by the 14th I will reserve a slot at Pole Position to ensure we can get on a track - if we have 8 or more.

More BierGarten info:

The Bier Garten has over 144 beers on tap... thats right ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR on tap. They have a ton of local beers, micro-brews, and of course the big names as well. If I remember correctly, the normal sized beer (16oz) is 6$ and a large beer (32oz) is $11. They do offer a beer sampler for $5 (four small glasses of beers of your choice). If the weather is nice the outdoors section hosts beer pong and additional drinking games. If not, the indoors is massive - probably about the size of two football fields. Food wise - its a German place, so there are a ton of German options such as, saurbraten, nurnberg sausage, potato pancakes, Currywurst, even Belgium waffles!, etc. They also have the standard stuff - pretzels, burgers, fries, hot dogs, etc. The food is not expensive ranging from 6-12$.

Well you got me over here from the VIII section. I pass these places all the time when I am going into or coming from Manhattan to do installs. Pole Position has always interested me but it's a we bit of a drive seeing as I am 45 minutes from my job in PA from where I live in NJ.

I will keep this in mind as I do have a friend that used to be a Kart racer and lives in Manville so Beer is his life for some reason :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back