another exhaust question

viiiball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am going to remove my cats, can i have a shop weld up pipe or do I have to buy a x pipe without cats? will a mustang one work? or is it a custom job?, I want i already had a shop cut off the 3rd cat and weld a straight pipe in there,but i am going to put an x there , and weld pipe where the cats used to be , while at it i am replacing the o2 sensors, i need some expert advice, i don't have a lot of $$$$ so if i do not need to buy a kit i'd like that...also how hard is it to install the headers on our cars, saw some for our cars i'd like , help me out. :feed :Beer :give :p

Sifrino3 said:
Aint a Mark VIII have a Y pipe?

Yeah, but embedded in the "Y" is another 3rd cat. So there is a cat comming off each manifold into the Y which has cat material built in it.

Last time i installed headers on a Mark VIII it took around 8 hours start to finish minus exhaust work. It is a pretty intense install. There are a lot of tricks that make the job easier. After you get the ehaders on there the rest of the exhasut is custom. Nothing off of a mustang will jsut bolt on.

There is no x-pipe then. I understand there is three cats. But it goes into a y-pipe into another upside down y-pipe, to have dual exhaust. Am I right?

Sifrino3 said:
There is no x-pipe then. I understand there is three cats. But it goes into a y-pipe into another upside down y-pipe, to have dual exhaust. Am I right?

Yes stock there is a Y pipe, not an X pipe. The LSC's have an H pipe looking configuration.

Members online

No members online now.
Back