Another Blend door question.

tda13

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
After searching for blend door problems, I can't seem to find my problem. What is usually find is no heat or no air. This is what mine is doing:

When the air is on max cold, I get cold air (max cold air on 60 deg setting). If I take the air up to 65 deg (the next setting up), I get heat... max heat. There is no middle of the road... either max hot or max cold. I have ran it like that for two years, but would really like to fix it right.

Is this a blend door problem????

Typical blend door problem you'll get medium air...warm in summer and cool in winter.
I did anyway, I suppose it depends on what the temp was when it broke and stuck there. Try to look up under pass side dash behind console for levers and metal bar that attaches them together on air box. Levers will crack they're plastic.

tda13, I checked your gallery and found you have a 97. Just on the possibility you weren't aware, MarkVIII.org has both a temp. and a permanent fix to the blend door problem on 97/98's. It only mentions no heat though. Among other members, you might consider a pm to Jamie as he has had so many of these Marks. Possibly too, repost, specifying both the a/c and heat problem in the title section. Guys read blend door so often and might not have paid attention to your unique situation. I see only one response. Either way sir, Good Luck. Gary in Elmira, NY.

Thanks guys. I was under the dash a couple days ago working on some wiring, and I should have checked then. I will take a look at the blend door arm. I seen the directions for the quick fix last week and thought maybe this might have been done in the past. The symtoms do not seem like a blend door problem. Maybe I'm wrong.

Members online

Back