Another AdvanceTrac Notice - Yes, I've researched :)

TrickVert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Car: 2003 V8 Sport

I've been getting the "Check AdvanceTrac" notification in the information console for awhile now, and am finally going to do something about it, as I'm getting ready to sell the car.

From everything I've read, since my notification is not accompanied by an ABS light, the culprit is likely either the Yaw Rate Sensor or the Steering Wheel Rotation Sensor. My assumption is also supplemented by the fact that the car often does not have to even move before the notice is generated.

I can take the car to the dealer for diagnostics ($100) and know for sure which sensor is the culprit, and I have a line on getting both of these components for less than the dealer price for either one alone, so I even considered just changing them both out. Trouble is, If I've read correctly, replacement of either sensor requires dealer re-calibration of the system anyway. Am I correct in this?

I'm thinking of throwing both parts at it, *then* taking it to the dealer for diag and re-flash.

Looking for any other recommendations on how best to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Andy

... Trouble is, If I've read correctly, replacement of either sensor requires dealer re-calibration of the system anyway. Am I correct in this?...

Mostly correct. With the right scan tool it can be re calibrated without a dealer. If you are selling the car off, I assume that you don't want to invest in that tool. (The same scan tool would tell you which sensor it is.)

Mostly correct. With the right scan tool it can be re calibrated without a dealer. If you are selling the car off, I assume that you don't want to invest in that tool. (The same scan tool would tell you which sensor it is.)
Interesting. If it's a multi-use scanner, I may consider it. I plan on adding a couple newer Ford vehicles to the stable over the next few of years. Maybe it would come in handy. Any info on the specific scanner needed?

Andy

Members online

Back