AMP light keeps coming on

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

got a problem with my alternator and wanted to know if this is yet another common Ford/Lincoln issue or if its unique to my car. What is happening is my car's AMP light flickers on and off while driving. typically happens when i drive over bumps and never stayes on but flickers fairly frequently. first indicator that the alternator is not working is the trip cpu beeps everytime i start the car which i read is a possible indication that the alternator is bad. Even though it does this i never see a difference in the brightness in the lights or anything that would show a bad alternator. non the less i went to the salvage yard and picked up another alternator and low and behold the same exact things are happening with no more or less occurences of the flickering AMP light. any thoughts on what connections i should check to fix this problem.:confused:

I think your alternator is starting to go out. I bet the light will become more frequent, but, its not very hard to take it out and get it tested at Schmucks. They will tell you if its bad or not.

Oi mate!

The connector on the top of your alternator could be the problem.
I've also had the connector 'unit' within the alternator be the issue.

With the car running, wiggle the connector, observe the light, and listen.
As the alternator re-powers the car's volts, you'll hear the charge come on and off as you wiggle the connector, if that's the problem.

It's easy to get your alternator checked for function at any auto parts store.

Hope we've helped ya...

Members online

No members online now.
Back