Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
Contact seller
Alpine head unit. CDA-7873. $100
cda-7873.gif

JVC head unit. Kd-s690 $40
h257kds690-f-1p.jpg

Prices are OBO + shipping.

Does the CDA 7873 have a wired remote input (for hooking up an SWI-JACK to retain steering wheel controls)?

2001 MODEL - REPLACED BY ALPINE CDA-7893

Wow, 240 Watts from a radio! Is it true? Yes the Alpine CDA-7873 includes the exclusive "V-Drive" internal amplifier which delivers an incredible 60 Watts x 4 making it extremely powerful as well as versatile. It has 3 pairs of RCA outputs for complete system expansion. The 4V subwoofer Preamp Output works great with Bass Engine Ready components and has two additional outputs for front & rear. Bass Engine Plus personalizes the system to your specific tastes. The CDA-7873 is even compatible with XM Satellite Radio- simply add the optional receiver module and you will be enjoying coast-to-coast digital quality radio (subscription fee required).

* 60W x 4 V-Drive Hybrid Amplifier
* Bass Engine Plus
* MaxTune SQ Tuner
* XM Satellite Radio Ready
* Swing Mechanism with Detachable Face
* BBE Processor
* Disc Title Memory
* CD Text / CD Text Display
* CD Shuttle Control
* CD-R/RW combatibility
* Versatile-Link Ready
* Rotary Encoder Volume Knob
* Black Finish
* Dual-Color Display with Level Meter
* Regulated 1-Bit DAC
* 4 Volt Subwoofer Preamp Output
* 3 Sets of Preamp Outputs
* Wireless Remote Control Optional

Thats all i know.

The 60 x 4 does not equal 240 watts my friend. That means the opposite as in 15 watts a channel. And 4volts for the rca's is a really weak signal. Why would Alpine make their cheap head unit better than the expensive one. An average volt output is 6 and I have seen them up to 12. You gotta know more about your products before you sell them. Not trying to be rude just honest.

Settle down. I just copy and pasted from a retail site that sold the same head unit.

Wow Lincoln Ave knows absolutely nothing about car audio 60x4 does equal 240 watts 60/4 would be 15 watts per channel it is simple math, this is also only the max power rating I believe the continuous power rating on those radios back then was 18 watts rms per channel. 4v preouts on a car stereo is actually good, it is the starting point for high end radios, cheap radios start at either 1 or 2 volts, and the highest for car stereos is usually 6 for high end eclipse or clarion. The only problem with these radios is that they are old models from a couple of years ago so it doesn't have all the features of the newer radios, but that is also when the made the radios were built better so it's toss up.

where have you seen a deck with a 12 volt pre out? my kenwood has 4 volts and alot of other decks ive seen have been around 2...

Members online

No members online now.
Back