Alarm install Mark VIII

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Man......talk about bringing back memories. I used to be an authorized Viper (DEI authorized installer) when I used to part own/operate/install car stereo's when I lived in Georgia (No...I did not know Calvin then, nor did he know me). No wonder I decided to sell my part ownership back to the original owner. I somewhat enjoy knowing that IF I want to I can do it, but MAN, what a PITA!!! Well, it prolly would not have been all that bad if it was not freakin freezin outside, and I have NO garage to this in (heated or other). I guess the job would have went a lil faster if I did have a garage....but oh well. The hardest part (other than finding all the wires) was 'trying' to solder on the wires for the remote start system to the factory wiring. Since it was SO cold out when I did this, as soon as the solder melted it hardened up and was not flowing correctly. I am going to have to go back and prolly redo the soldering when the weather gets better, but as it stands now the soldering is doing fine, and the remote start works perfect.
The only thing that is a bit different between this unit and the older unit (the Viper 550ESP) is that the wiring is a bit different. Not to mention, that the remote start relay system is MUCH better. The 550ESP had 4 regular relays in a 'kit', and now the new alarm has more of a discreet relay module that does the same as the old clunky relays did. The difference in the wires
was a bit confusing because to keep the 'Oil Level Low' message from popping up on the message center the Black w/Light Green wire at the ignition harness needs to be powered so the message does not pop up. On the older unit, the main brain for the alarm has this wire coming out of one of the harnesses, but the new one the relay module has seperate wires for just this item. BUT, in the manual for the alarm they do not have the break down of what each of the 4 wires do, except for the diagram at the back of the manual. Not that this is that difficult to figure out. But, at first I did not even look at that specific diagram, until I had all but that specific wire powered from the alarm itself. I broke out the 550ESP manual and compared the two different alarms and then looked at the diagram because there was no mention (except in the diagram on the last page) as to how to power up a third accessory.

I used my wiring page to figure out which wire does what, and the EVTM manual to further help me in wiring the alarm up.

I hope that PDF helps some ppl on wiring up an alarm in the Mark.

Last edited:
I have a Silencer alarm system that interrupts the starter. Any trricks on disabling or removing it. Really a PITA to keep inserting the key, especially after my knee sheared off the shroud that guides the key into the slot. Thanks in advance for any advice.

MonsterMark said:
I have a Silencer alarm system that interrupts the starter. Any trricks on disabling or removing it. Really a PITA to keep inserting the key, especially after my knee sheared off the shroud that guides the key into the slot. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have not worked with those, but have seen them. What I would do is follow the wires out, and find out which ones go to the ignition switch and reconnect the wires that have been cut. There should be at least one set of ignition wires (starter that is) that have been cut/modified to accomodate that kill switch, and then reattach them either with solder, or solderless connector. If you do not feel that you can do this, take a pic, email it to me, and I can possibly help ya out. Email me at wykdmk8@hotmail.com if you need help if what I just explained does not help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back