Airbag light

pdzcallday

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have searched all of these forums looking for this same problem but I have found some topics that share "somewhat of the same problem". My problem is that when you start the car the airbag light flashes 3 times and then two times after that for a total of 5 times before the airbag light stays lit. I am just trying to see if anyone has any idea what this coad means so I can try to find the problem before I have to go to Lincoln to see if thay can fix it. I have seen other topics that say it flashes 6 times then 3 times and to check under the driver seat to see if the plug is loose. I looked under the driver and pass seat and checked the conection and seems to be fine. This probelm started after I took my car in for service (To have a new overflow resivior put in). Could it be a side impact sensor was damaged. But i did not think there was a sensor there???
Thanks.

well the three then two flashes is a '32' lamp code which I looked up on my dvd and it says the code is a "DRIVER AIR BAG CIRCUIT RESISTANCE HIGH " fault.
depending on how steady this fault is it could be the air bag, the connection or harness to the airbag or the restraints control module (RCM for short)

Even I would take it to paid professional to repair this.

Airbag Problem

I replied to JESLS telling him that I had the same problem. We had the connectors checked and were fine. The problem was the clock spring in the steering wheel airbag. At the dealership would run me $300.00 to fix, but I bought the part and had a tech work on it on the outside for a $150.00. Hope that helps.
pdzcallday said:
I have searched all of these forums looking for this same problem but I have found some topics that share "somewhat of the same problem". My problem is that when you start the car the airbag light flashes 3 times and then two times after that for a total of 5 times before the airbag light stays lit. I am just trying to see if anyone has any idea what this coad means so I can try to find the problem before I have to go to Lincoln to see if thay can fix it. I have seen other topics that say it flashes 6 times then 3 times and to check under the driver seat to see if the plug is loose. I looked under the driver and pass seat and checked the conection and seems to be fine. This probelm started after I took my car in for service (To have a new overflow resivior put in). Could it be a side impact sensor was damaged. But i did not think there was a sensor there???
Thanks.

Flashing light

TexasLS said:
I replied to JESLS telling him that I had the same problem. We had the connectors checked and were fine. The problem was the clock spring in the steering wheel airbag. At the dealership would run me $300.00 to fix, but I bought the part and had a tech work on it on the outside for a $150.00. Hope that helps.

Mine flashes three times, then two times, then repeats a few times. Anybody know what this means? I checked under the seat and the connections seem fine.

it is mentioned in the first thread of this post -- ^^^^

it means the connection in the air bag circuitry has broken.
It is usually one of two things:
- the connector under the driver seat is loose or a wire is broken - happens because easy-entry means the seat is moving back and forth a lot
- the clock-spring in the steering column is broke - about $100 and 2 hrs to replace.

Yeah mine did that too 2 days after I bought it and they had to catch it when the sensor was tripped, it would do it then would stop they said it was the connector under the seat, be careful when jacking with these wires they run off very very small amounts of elect.,can't rember exactly the amount but static eletc. is about a million times stronger than what runs through these systems so you can get the picture, zap BOOM! :Bang :tmi: :monkey:

Hey pdzcallday

pdzcallday said:
Thanks.
I guess mine is probably the clock spring then, I always wanted a wheel puller, I just needed an excuse to get one!
My problem started right after it was serviced also (timing chain tensioner), did you get yours fixed yet? Was it the clock spring?
Thanks

pdzcallday said:
no not yet.
I'm taking mine into the shop tomorrow because the service engine light came on again also. I'll let you know what they say when I pick it up.

They just said that the circuit was broken, I thought maybe they could tell me where, but nothing other than the driver's side. Since I already checked under the seat, I'm going to go ahead and try the clock spring, sounds like a project for this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back