Air Intake...

blackisland

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 V-8. If anyone is thinking about changing it..change it to the KKM kit. Taking off the original air filter and box took looking than putting in the new kit! It is very easy! And I swear, I thought about changing my exhaust but, after you put this sucker on, you WILL get some HP gains! It feels like a 20 plus more power. It's got my wheels spinning without holding on the brake from stop position!

Trust me, when you step on the gas, you WILL hear the throttle open! I will make it sound like you got some new exhaust too..unless if you want that "sound" when you start the engine (then, this wont be for you) but, if you want to be heard with "power" get this!

Air Filter.jpg

is it possible to just get everything but the filter?? I already have a cone new in my garage?

Mmm..I dont think so. I mean, for 150 bucks, you get the WHOLE thing. I mean, you may not know if your cone that you already have fits. So, I would go the right way and order the kit...just so that way, you have EVERYTHING right :D

Mmm..I dont think so. I mean, for 150 bucks, you get the WHOLE thing. I mean, you may not know if your cone that you already have fits. So, I would go the right way and order the kit...just so that way, you have EVERYTHING right :D

Thanks!! I was just trying to stay under a hundred... Im actually trying to make my own, but kinda stuck since the air sensor is mounted on the neck of the air box...

Any ideas? or should I just suck it up and get the kit? I wanted to take it all the down through near the fog light.. and get the air that way... I hesistant on the ram intakes such as this... sucking hot air from engine bay...

Sorry for my LONG response. I have been too busy with personal things. I am curious, what did you end up doing?

Members online

No members online now.
Back