Air Filter Reset

01continental

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am unable to reset my filter on the status screen. I push the reset but it just goes to the next item. I have tried ALL different combinations ie, pushing the status and reset button etc. My oil will reset but not the filter. I wouldn't care except I am afraid when it gets to 0% the status screen will only show "Replace Filter". Any ideas?

I think I read this on the forum in an old post. Unfortunately I don't remember what happened. Maybe unplug the battery for a few hours and reset the computer? Shooting in the dark here. Check out the manual ya never know.

Just did mine and was more than a bit frustrated...

You have to be quick.

Actually,

Push reset
Push status
Wait for ac filter to show up
Push reset
Release reset
Push and hold reset for a few seconds

I have had the same problem on my '02. I try to reset it every once in a while, and just recently it worked. I'll have to try the steps located just above, but you are NOT alone.

KS

Thanks for the info.(and no thanks to sarcastic comments). It still took a couple of tries but I got it.

A forum of people with like minded interests are supposed to be there for each other's AND HELP. With other cars I have owned I belonged to clubs and forums. This is the FIRST forum or club I have belonged to that there are many people TRYING to make things harder for other members. Every time someone types to,"go use the search feature", they could have probably given the answer but are more worried about POST COUNTS. Of course, it has happened to me. In most cases when the search feature is used there are over 100 results. NO ONE wants to wade through all of that when looking for a quick answer. There are some members that do help without complaining and they DO stand out. I have owned dozens of cars in my 35 years of driving and have belonged to many forums and clubs. It would have been UNTHINKABLE to not help,or answer, a member in the Mustang club, for example, EVEN IF YOU KNEW THEY HAD A WHOLE SET OF FACTORY SHOP MANUALS. It is fact that no LS's have been built for 6 YEARS. There will only be a declining membership along with donations to the point of fizzling out because of these practices, I HAVE SEEN IT. People will just go elsewhere where heckling does NOT exist.

Apology

I would like to apologize to anyone that was offended by my ranting yesterday, Tuesday. Just because I was having a bad day should not mean I make anybody else's day bad too. I normally am not that person from yesterdays rant. I am embarrassed for my behavior. This website has saved me alot of money in diagnostic fees that I was able to avoid.
I do hope everyone will accept my apology.

THANK YOU

I would like to apologize to anyone that was offended by my ranting yesterday, Tuesday. Just because I was having a bad day should not mean I make anybody else's day bad too. I normally am not that person from yesterdays rant. I am embarrassed for my behavior. This website has saved me alot of money in diagnostic fees that I was able to avoid.
I do hope everyone will accept my apology.

THANK YOU

I have to be honest with you man, you have to take this stuff with a grain of salt. everyone gets on each other's nerves, hell even my best friend and I get at each others throat at times... It's an online forum you can't take personally.....

Besides you being ex-military know people make fun of each other for anything... My friend is an M.P. and he tells about all the :q:q:q:q that goes on...

That's all i have to say, you just won't get far complaing about how other people act

Members online

Back