Air Bag Light on?

jakubjm

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This site has been a blessing! I have had a '02 for almost two years and have put over 100K on the car since. Its my business car. Here lately, the light for my air bag has come on and stays on. I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem I am having in my steering column. My cruise control buttoms don't always work the way they should. EX: sometimes my "on" buttom is my "resume", etc. and/or my down volume turns my radio up.

It's probably just a loose wire or a ground but I am looking for some quick points from someone out there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

After reading this post, I went down and uncovered my LS and started it up. It has the 3-2 airbag light issue that is being discussed.

Interestingly enough my cruise control doesn't work properly, as mentioned previously (hit one control, it does the opposite).

I looked underneath the seat - I am guessing the yellow connector is easier to access from the rear...I could not find any broken wires.

I am assuming my issue is probably a clockspring - at 110,000 it is probably time for a new one...??

+3 con clockspring!

I changed mine at 65,000 miles and all problems gone

Good Luck!

ditto!
occasionally it can be that yellow connector getting dislodged when you're stepping out of your car and accidentally hit it with your foot or something. but it seems 9 times out of 10 the clockspring is the culprit for the airbag light.

Members online

No members online now.
Back