Aftermarket mufflers with stock resonators. Videos?

V8LIFE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 LS V8 and I'm looking into replacing my stock mufflers while keeping the resonators intact. I'm having difficult time finding any full throttle takeoff or flyby videos of flowmaster/borla/magnaflow mufflers installed with the stock resonators still on. Most people seem to remove the resonators and weld an x-pipe. I just want to replace my mufflers. Any videos and/or insight would help, thanks!

Back in '07 I put a cat-back Magnaflow exhaust system on my '02. To my mind it's perfect in tone. There is a built-in 'Y' pipe and every other thing that seems to be desirable. I was running ECTA at that time and it made NO difference in my one-mile speed. It may very well have made a difference by the time I did other modifications and additions. The sound is great, particularly when paired with an induction tube and cone air cleaner.

KS

I'm just driving the money maker right now, I'll fish the post of what went on out of the what did you do to your LS thread, later tonight for ya.

Or use the search,
MagnaFlow
By my username

Yep it worked, thanks so much. So I've researched a lot and I think I'm finally sold on the center dual in dual out muffler setup. It seems to yield a much more composed tone as opposed to mufflers at the end. I'm looking into getting mine done just like yours but I don't want as much drone. I'll either add resonators at the back in place of the stock mufflers or keep the stock resonators in place and put the center muffler in place of the 3rd cat.

Would you or anyone by any chance know what difference it makes to have resonators in the center of the exhaust system as opposed to moving the resonators to the end?

Yeah I wouldn't recommend that at all ... read up on what a resonator does and why it's right after CAT's.

93B50EBA-886E-4FAC-937B-54C36EB26B74.jpeg
0A72828C-4C8F-4165-A587-5B285B9D9E65.jpeg
Next week i am cutting out mufflers, keeping resonators & crossover.
Purchasing Dr Gas FreqMod mufflers and tips.

Members online

No members online now.
Back