Aftermarket Head Unit With Green Illumination

ecarlcl

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Long ago my factory 6 cd changer jammed and I replaced it with a single DIN clarion head unit. My only complaint is that it is illuminated in blue. I had an older Clarion head unit in another car that you could choose the illumination color on and it was great for matching the car that it was in, but sadly that model is long discontinued. Almost every head unit I can find is illuminated in this ricer neon blue. Is there anything out there still in green?

The pioneer headunits all allow you to pick your own colors.

Long ago my factory 6 cd changer jammed and I replaced it with a single DIN clarion head unit. My only complaint is that it is illuminated in blue. I had an older Clarion head unit in another car that you could choose the illumination color on and it was great for matching the car that it was in, but sadly that model is long discontinued. Almost every head unit I can find is illuminated in this ricer neon blue. Is there anything out there still in green?

There are a lot of of head units single and double-din that offer various color illumination, but depends on your preference of brand. I prefer pioneer, because it has that nice piano black finish along with other nice customization features such as color illumination too. The pioneer avh-3200 isn't that much and you can basically customize the illumination to any shade of green or color for that matter. Is color illumination all you care about?

well for starters Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, and JVC all have models where you can custom mix the colors of the buttons and the screen to your liking.

decide how much you want to spend, what features you want, and then pick form there.

as mentioned above, pioneer is hard to beat for the feature/price. the avh models are a great value with the 2200dvd with ipod controls going for about $280, and the 3400bh (the replacement of the 3200) which add bluetooth, HD radio, adn a third set of pre outs for a little over a hundred bucks more.

There are a lot of of head units single and double-din that offer various color illumination, but depends on your preference of brand. I prefer pioneer, because it has that nice piano black finish along with other nice customization features such as color illumination too. The pioneer avh-3200 isn't that much and you can basically customize the illumination to any shade of green or color for that matter. Is color illumination all you care about?

Illumination color isn't all I care about. I just like everything in my dash to be illuminated in the same color, plus blue is the most intense color in the spectrum and even when dimmed I sometimes have a hard time driving with it at night.

Thanks for pointing a few out for me. I didn't know you could search crutchfield by that feature.

Illumination color isn't all I care about. I just like everything in my dash to be illuminated in the same color, plus blue is the most intense color in the spectrum and even when dimmed I sometimes have a hard time driving with it at night.

I know what you mean, it just devalues the look of the interior when colors aren't matching.

I'm not sure if this is true for all variable color illuminated head units, but on my Kenwood, the colors that change are only the backlighting for the buttons. The color on the display screen does not change.

I'm not sure if this is true for all variable color illuminated head units, but on my Kenwood, the colors that change are only the backlighting for the buttons. The color on the display screen does not change.

a lot of radios can have both changed, along with pioneer as black said, so does JVC and sony.

Mine has a shade of green that is identical, but that is boring.

I have mine set to "wave" through all the colors.. It is pretty neat, IMO.

I just had the pioneer avh-3400bh installed with a nite vision backup cam and driver/passenger headrest screen installed this wknd. Luv it! Found the headunit for $350 online

Members online

Back