Advice on removing upper center dash vents

BuckeyeLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
To install my PIE "line-in" audio adapter that uses the radio's SAT connection, I need to slide-out the radio unit. This requires first removing the center upper dash vents on the 2004 LS V6.

Any advice on how to best remove the plastic upper vent piece without damaging anything?

Here you go. Haven't got to do a pektel post in a while. I just sent this to another member a couple weeks back. 3 pictures. I used a flathead screwdriver to pry it out. It's only held in by clips.

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

Anybody know where I can find the center dash vents just the outside part with the vents and the back part with the buttons? One of the clips was broken and I’ve super glued it a couple of time and I just want a new one… I’ve seen the whole unit for sale but I only need that one part!

Be very careful while removing it. After they age for a while, the plastic gets very easy to crack.

Anybody know where I can find the center dash vents just the outside part with the vents and the back part with the buttons? One of the clips was broken and I’ve super glued it a couple of time and I just want a new one… I’ve seen the whole unit for sale but I only need that one part!

Max. It's where I got mine.

be extra careful when doing this outside or when its cold out, i seen your from ohio, the plastic is extra brittle when its very cold.

ive broke my middle ac vent 2 times already messing around with my double din...10 bucks at the salvage yard each time...

If you smack the top of the dash hard enough it falls right out:D

I figured that out driving in NYC.:p

Members online

No members online now.
Back