Adding Compass Feature to 1996 Town Car

Redwingvksm

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, my 1996 TC is just an exeuctive series - so alot of the 'jucy creature comforts' are not there - and slowly I want to add them one by one.

So - first thing is first - I haven't dug around in the headliner - but is the wiring there for the compass feature if/when I grab the correct rear view mirror? And how do I get the readout to turn on from the dash? When I key on it lights up - but will it see the module and stay on?

Yea, and other options (heated seats, memory seats, etc...) are more than welcome to be added here. They will be shortly added to my vehicle...;)

hmm that's a tough one personaly I would just trade in for a signature or cartier edition the compass should work provided the hArness is there it's pobably easier to get an after market mirror with compass in it and the monochromatic feature "auto dim" as for your seats there are three different types exec sig and Cartier all with different levels of comfort and features besides you would probably want the arm rest with the cell phone built in and the jbl premium sound with the six disk changer oh and the steering wheel with the radio controls not to mention the auto dim headlamps all in all it would be easier and cheaper to buy one with these features besides in the end you would still have an executive series towncar

I realise that - but for what I picked up the T/C for, and myself being a mechanic, it should all come togther. I haven't started to dig around yet, but when I do I'll post up some info here.

For the JBL system - I plan on putting my own system in - so the steering wheel controls don't bother me. For the auto-dim headlamps, I do mostly city driving so it's pointless for me to have that.

All n' all I do want most of that stuff. I hopefully will be getting to the heated/memory seats and the auto-dimming/compass mirror. I do know that I have to swap seats - but I think I may of found some for 50/ea...:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back