Addendum - Clockspring remove and replace

lincolnelite

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?53760-Complete-Clock-Spring-Replacement-(PICS)

Since I can't comment on this thread, I'll just add in as a new thread.

The clockspring wire harness block (that 2nd piece that attaches to the clockspring assembly) can be removed/accessed without removing the metal piece (driver side kickpanel), the hood latch switch, the ignition and headlight switch trim and the 2 bolts near the accelerator (behind the carpet) This will save maybe 10-20 minutes of your time. That piece can be removed by just using a long flat screwdriver to release the tabs. I just did this myself and this can be done in half an hour, unfortunately the clockspring aren't that cheap anymore.

... without removing the metal piece (driver side kickpanel), ...

Wouldn't that be the driver side knee panel? I believe that the driver side kick panel is the plastic trim that the fuel cutoff switch is behind, and goes from the floor to the bottom of the dash?

Wouldn't that be the driver side knee panel? I believe that the driver side kick panel is the plastic trim that the fuel cutoff switch is behind, and goes from the floor to the bottom of the dash?

thanks joegr for pointing this out, yep I'm referring to the knee panel. I kick with my knee so I mess up the terms :)

it's funny that looking at the service manual, it was so full of non-related things to pull out, i guess the technician has larger than normal hands.

Members online

Back