actual gains from porting...?

ShizNight

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok...so how much of a whp gain will we see from either porting our stock heads, or going to the after market for heads...are they worth it for the price... would porting and polishing with larger valves give me enough of a gain for me to be satisfied with the hp gain?

i plan to add cams here in the near future and i figured why not since i'm tearing it apart anyways...but i don't want to spend the cash flow working the heads over when i could use it elsewhere...
what do you guys think from what you've seen

ShizNight said:
ok...so how much of a whp gain will we see from either porting our stock heads, or going to the after market for heads...are they worth it for the price... would porting and polishing with larger valves give me enough of a gain for me to be satisfied with the hp gain?

i plan to add cams here in the near future and i figured why not since i'm tearing it apart anyways...but i don't want to spend the cash flow working the heads over when i could use it elsewhere...
what do you guys think from what you've seen

first of all, if your plannin on havin someone tear it down 4 ya, its gonna be big $, and if you do it yourself, plan on being out of commision for a while.

The gains look to be decent, but not for the money. IMO.

Try the basics first - Exhaust, chip, and some sort of induction upgrade - Cold air induction, MAF, etc all fairly inexpensive and do it yourself stuff(sans exhaust work).

i pretty much got all the bolt ons done including 4.10's and chip...and i have the cams on the way...and i just unbolted the intake and i'm starting on the dissasembly itself...cams will be here friday at the latest. i'm just looking for some hp numbers is all

Get a set of 4 valve heads from a junkyard to minimize downtime and expense. A little cleanup work should show decent gains.

if your doing the exhaust ports, dont cut the bottom out any. open up the top if you enlarge the port size at all. opening up the bottom will only create a dead zone that will actually slow down the air. the air will always flow at the top of the port.

Members online

No members online now.
Back