accel mustang coil packs in 2006 ls??

zero233

LVC Member
Reaction score
hi guys. new to the forum. wanting to know what i would have to do to use the mustang accel coil packs in my 2006 v8 ls. ive seen some people on here say they used them but im wondering if they are "plug and play" and thats it?

You have to reverse the wires on the plug. Then you have to find a way to mount them to the valve cover. I sell custom brackets for them to bolt right up. You just have to buy the bolts. $25 shipped. You will not be able to use your coil covers because the mustang coils are too tall but the boot seals the plug well water tight. The part # is 140032-8

aint no damn "coil packs" either

umm okay.. well what do you refer to them as? and i have used google to search if they would fit, but ive seen some thread about switching the pins in the terminals, and others didnt mention it at all. id appreciate it if anyone that has done the swap could chime in.

You have to reverse the wires on the plug. Then you have to find a way to mount them to the valve cover. I sell custom brackets for them to bolt right up. You just have to buy the bolts. $25 shipped. You will not be able to use your coil covers because the mustang coils are too tall but the boot seals the plug well water tight. The part # is 140032-8
oops sorry. i must have skipped over your post. do you have a picture of the brackets you are selling? and also i have the problem with water leaking from the windshield wiper cowl and getting into the #3, #4 and #8 plug wells. ive replace the wiper seal but it didnt do any good. any suggestions?

if it bothered you guys that bad to correct that, fine. ill call them what i want. its not like you dont know what im talking about...

well it wouldn't be very helpful if we gave you wrong information, so it would probably be helpful for you to give us the right information.

calling things what they are, and not calling things what they aren't is step one...

there is a very big difference between going in to a parts store and buying two coil packs vs buying eight coils

well it wouldn't be very helpful if we gave you wrong information, so it would probably be helpful for you to give us the right information.

calling things what they are, and not calling things what they aren't is step one...

there is a very big difference between going in to a parts store and buying two coil packs vs buying eight coils

im looking for help, not an argument about something that you know what im talking about. i call them coil packs because... thats simply what i want to call them. also, there are plenty of other threads with "coil packs" in the title. why are you not policing them? and if you gave me the wrong information about this subject (you haven't provided anything helpful yet anyway) then ill pass on reading your post. and fyi, this is a website, not a parts store :N

Alright, picture time. I couldn't find any help pulling the red clips when I did my Accel job. As a result, I broke 6 of the red clips. The first one came out fine and gave me way too much confidence in them just pulling them out. It wasn't until the 7th that I got the clip out intact. There's a set of replacement COP connectors on eBay for $40-50 I may try if I run into problems with them popping off or pins popping out, but so far (6 months, 3000 miles), so good.

Here's the red clip. See the smudge on the middle divider? That's the first bump. I used an eyeglass screwdriver between the red clip and black body to let it out easier

P3188328.jpg

Here's the second bump. It's on the other side of the divider and is lower down. When you get the first bump cleared, the clip will out an 1/8". Same as the other side: small screwdriver between clip and shell.

P3188327.jpg

Here's what I did to do it successfully. I put a medium flat tip screwdriver under the clip and over my finger. This put an upward force on the clip, freeing me to just use one hand to hold it all and one to manipulate the eyeglass screwdriver.

P3188329.jpg

P3188328.jpg

P3188327.jpg

P3188329.jpg

Alright, picture time. I couldn't find any help pulling the red clips when I did my Accel job. As a result, I broke 6 of the red clips. The first one came out fine and gave me way too much confidence in them just pulling them out. It wasn't until the 7th that I got the clip out intact. There's a set of replacement COP connectors on eBay for $40-50 I may try if I run into problems with them popping off or pins popping out, but so far (6 months, 3000 miles), so good.

Here's the red clip. See the smudge on the middle divider? That's the first bump. I used an eyeglass screwdriver between the red clip and black body to let it out easier

View attachment 828469718

Here's the second bump. It's on the other side of the divider and is lower down. When you get the first bump cleared, the clip will out an 1/8". Same as the other side: small screwdriver between clip and shell.

View attachment 828469719

Here's what I did to do it successfully. I put a medium flat tip screwdriver under the clip and over my finger. This put an upward force on the clip, freeing me to just use one hand to hold it all and one to manipulate the eyeglass screwdriver.

View attachment 828469720

thanks for the quick tut. ive read that you cant use the covers with these, but the boots on them seal the plug wells water tight. is this true? its pretty much the main reason why i want to get them.

Hite, I guessing you JUST sold out of "those coil pack mounting bracket thingies" didn't you....

its pretty much the main reason why i want to get them.

well thats pretty much the stupidest reason to go with those coils that I have ever heard...

so you are still getting water into the plug wells? if that is the main reason for them, why not just used a $3 tube of silicon around the seal of the coil cover...

Members online

No members online now.
Back