A Wings West Purchase

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After wanting the Wings West rear spoiler for the last couple years ($$$) I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. I picked it up on Amazon for about $65-70 cheaper then getting it direct from WW.

I think it looks great with the LSE body kit! I know a couple other members have it too on theirs but until today have never seen one in person. I have a friend who is going to prep it for me and get it ready to install. I'll post pics when it's complete. :biggrin: Had to do a quick wipe down to take the pics...stupid road salt! What do you guys think?

I wonder how much it would cost to make a mold of this wing...it's stone simple.

spoiler 1.jpg

spoiler 2.jpg

spoiler 3.jpg

What do you guys think?

I wonder how much it would cost to make a mold of this wing...it's stone simple.

SEXY! If you are going to mold and make let me know. I want one too!

Thanks!

I actually was online looking into it. There is a place in town that makes molds and the least I can do is ask. The only thing about that is I don't know if I could get slapped with some patent lawsuit!!:lol:

Take a side shot of the trunk/wing, eye level with the middle of the glass, and you will officially be the worst person in the world in my book.

Please take the picture. I need it...

Fits so much better on gen1!

Good to see you, been a while.

Take a side shot of the trunk/wing, eye level with the middle of the glass, and you will officially be the worst person in the world in my book.

Please take the picture. I need it...

So, am I the worst in the world with these pics??;) Is this what you mean?

spoiler 5.jpg

spoiler4.jpg

Fits so much better on gen1!

Good to see you, been a while.

Ah thanks Bro!

Yeah, it has been awhile! With getting married, working on my Mustang mostly and other projects, life, new stuff at work etc. the LS kinda took a back seat as far as mods and such. I added Eibachs on this one well over a year ago and meant to snap pics and post but never got to it.

I super washed and waxed the LS a couple weeks ago and a resurge of interest hit me, so I've bought a few things and jumped back on the site more often. It seems like a lot of guys haven't been on in awhile or posted...I'm thinking of Quik LS, Pektel etc.

How you doing Drizz?? Your car is still looking as good as ever I'm sure...one of my favorites!!

Life throwing curve balls atm, but I am okay. LS in need of some maintenance, but nothing too major.

So, am I the worst in the world with these pics??;) Is this what you mean?

Official, the worst. Thanks man. The reason is I've been considering that spoiler for my black Gen 1, if you didn't read my sig. I plan on painting the rear chrome as soon as it gets warm. Not really liking the side shot, to be honest, but maybe if I saw the whole car... and with a Mach chin spoiler.

Regardless, I may need to re-prioritize some stuff, depending on when I decide to justify costs...

$400 tune + tuner

~$200-350 for 3.56 diff + LSD (requires tune first for speedo correction)

~$350 WW spoiler + paint

If spring rolls around and temps stay well above snow temps before I decide I no longer need a few hundred dollars, the wing comes first.

just a side note. i will for sure be going with a double din head unit
after seeing the monstrosity in the car you linked to -

00k0k_2ia6J31qXaz_600x450.jpg

Well to be fair, it doesn't look like that head unit is even from last decade...

I did a single DIN install and it looks much better than that. As it turns out, however, I never use the pocket underneath it and probably should have gone with a double DIN. Doubles, however, are more expensive and I was pretty set on having physical buttons. And yet, all I really need to be physical is on/off, volume, next/prev, and source, which doubles usually have anyway.

So basically, I just sold myself on a Double DIN if I ever replace mine again and have the extra $100 or so

There is a black One here in tampa for sale. It has the full kit. Well, almost the full kit. The front lip is missing. I was thinking about sneaking on the lot in the middle of the night. LOL :shifty:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ctd/4920251246.html

Oh wow!

I see where you're going with that and, No Izzy....No!;)

On a side note I love the "LS-C" badge on the dash haha!

Official, the worst. Thanks man. The reason is I've been considering that spoiler for my black Gen 1, if you didn't read my sig. I plan on painting the rear chrome as soon as it gets warm. Not really liking the side shot, to be honest, but maybe if I saw the whole car... and with a Mach chin spoiler.

Regardless, I may need to re-prioritize some stuff, depending on when I decide to justify costs...

$400 tune + tuner

~$200-350 for 3.56 diff + LSD (requires tune first for speedo correction)

~$350 WW spoiler + paint

If spring rolls around and temps stay well above snow temps before I decide I no longer need a few hundred dollars, the wing comes first.

NP! Yeah, those are all mods I'd like to do too! I think the tuner would be fun to mess with!

On a side note I love the "LS-C" badge on the dash haha!

Someone recently argued on the LS Facebook page that his LS is definitely an LSC because it had those stickers on the dash and fender, and the dealership he recently bought it from said so. "No, Lincoln made both the LSE and the LSC"

Yes... they made the LSC... the Mark 8 LSC... the Luxury Sport Coupe.

He joined and left the group in a matter of days.

Ha! Well, if the sticker says so!!

There was a guy on here a few years back that had a green LS or posted about one IIRC.... that had some funky rims on it, the Razzi front bumper, tons of chrome trim and some hideous rear wing... and on the door, it had a Roush sticker. No matter what, it was argued that it was a special edition Roush LS which of course never existed, but was funny to read how bent out of shape the guy became! :lol:

Someone recently argued on the LS Facebook page that his LS is definitely an LSC because it had those stickers on the dash and fender, and the dealership he recently bought it from said so. "No, Lincoln made both the LSE and the LSC"

Yes... they made the LSC... the Mark 8 LSC... the Luxury Sport Coupe.

He joined and left the group in a matter of days.

Maybe it had a LSC body kit on it?

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/VIS_...ody_Kit_-_Polyurethane_-_4PC_-_890533/882273/

After much delay the spoiler has finally been prepped and painted. The paint code on my car is UA and matches perfect. Should be able to get this on today or tomorrow!!:biggrin:

wing 1.jpg

wing 2.jpg

wing 3.jpg

Looking forward to the installed pics.

I'm hopefully getting the black license surround soon but I'm worried about the lack of chrome. I feel like the chrome draws attention away from the Navigator bumper, so getting the black surround will essentially drive me to get the spoiler soon after

I fell in love with xxBMWLSxx's old car recently and hope to match it by next summer

thels.jpg

I think your car will look good with it black! Of course I'm bias to the mono-chromatic look!

I remember his car, V6 5spd manual I think.

Yep, V6/MT. From what I've heard about the manual on here, it's amazing he managed to record his hard launch once, let alone twice, without the transmission crapping out.

I know it'll look good with the black surround and wing, but I don't know how I'll feel about the transition

Here is a quick pic. I had to wash the car and wax it because with the spoiler installed made the rest of the car look grey! :p

Never mind the grass...ended up with a nasty weed in a few spots that racked some havoc quickly! :rolleyes:

lse 1.jpg

Never been a big fan of the chrome lip wheels, looks decent on yours tho. GJ

Members online

No members online now.
Back