A tale that must be told...

Hot*Mk8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Never mind. The point was not conveyed correctly.

Well, I'll try again. Keep in mind that I can only slightly joke about this now because I have been seriously bunched up about it for two months awaiting my court appearance. Trust me, the lesson is learned. But there was one tiny piece of information that bears sharing and it goes like this:

After reading the police report yesterday, the Sherriffs told it this way. 'We observed a late model Chevy Camaro pull even with a Black Lincoln Mark VIII on westbound 180 with the obvious intent to engage. The cars sped away and the Mark VIII was rejoined at a red light by the trailing Camaro. We observed loud engine noises (probably mine) and the two cars engage once again. The Mark VIII gained so much distance that we had to travel at 120mph to pull it over and it was still traveling well over 100mph... close to 120.' Well, they didn't pace me, so that is conjecture, but I'm sure they were close to the estimation.

The penalties have been handed down and they will smart for a while. But the Camaro lost it's butt twice, so at least I have a pleasant story to share. :D

Last edited:
Very nice, but not worth it. How much lighter is your wallet?

It wasn't intentional!!!!!!! And much lighter, thank you. I'm trying to make light of a very stupid situation.

Very cool story thanks for sharing
I don't think the situation was that stupid
People are just to scared of a little speed

no man is allowed to say that they haven't done some less than intelligent it is called a hard knock lesson. go and sin no more. jd. this is 94m5 dad. i know some stories on his driving.

Hell, I've done that stuff many times. You always pay in the end. I ran from the cops once and the only reason I got away was I was in a black car going 120+ and they had to turn around and then try to catch up. I got SUPER lucky!

Hotmk8, we're like family here, you can tell us anything. :shifty:

My guess is that she was speeding/dr'ing and got pulled over and fined severely, maybe even impounded/arrested.

Hey **** happens to the best of us..I don't even know the story here but I can only guess. Sometimes its for worse and sometimes its for the better. If it weren't for MY "mishap" (which I won't go into detail about) 2 years ago I wouldn't be driving a Mark VIII right now. I certainly learned a lesson and paid big time for it, and I still am to a point now but I deffinetly changed my lifestyle and am happy to have a fulltime job and two part time jobs on the side. If anyone here remembers a picture I posted a while back of my totaled 04 impala then you'll get it.

Last ticket I got, I was in the 93 with my son and two of his buddy's in the back seat.
We were in a empty parking lot, in the nowhere part of town.
So I decided it was the "right time to let loose on the 93"

I Got going doing full blown burn out doughnuts around a parking lot light pole, in the middle of all the fun I spot out of the corner of my eye a k-9 unit pulling into the parking lot and watching all the smoke and silly play.

I stopped, got out of the car and stood there, he got out of his car and waved me over, then explained to me what I was doing was not too cool.
He was thinking of letting me go, but seeing how I had youths in the car he needed to make example of me, and I fully agreed.
So he wrote me up to the amusement of my son and his friends.

Stupid....stupid...stupid.....

Ford nut I disagree
If you don't screw around in parking lots than
How will people ever learn how to drive
If you don't learn what a car does then what happens when you need thoes skills say after hitting black ice or avoiding someone running into the road.

For example I was riding in a car with a friend driving
She got into a bad situation and just let go of the wheel and put us in a worse situation.

Thanks for the understanding, guys. I know we're family here and I'm not afraid to share that I am an idiot occasionally. These cars are so intoxicating to me that it takes all of my will power to stay out of it constantly. Obviously, I have weak moments and this one really screwed the pooch.

Thanks for the understanding, guys. I know we're family here and I'm not afraid to share that I am an idiot occasionally. These cars are so intoxicating to me that it takes all of my will power to stay out of it constantly. Obviously, I have weak moments and this one really screwed the pooch.

We've all done way way worse, we're just are to embarrassed to share. :)

If it makes you feel any better, back in my hs years a few friends and I were in an open parking lot after a light snow yanking the ebrakes @ 40mph spinning throughout the parking lot all while an undercover in a explorer was watching.

Or when I was caught speeding trying to "warm up my cats" before an emmisions test...............In a 98 :slam

Those are two that pop into my head right away.

I'm not counting my duey.

Ford nut I disagree
If you don't screw around in parking lots than
How will people ever learn how to drive
If you don't learn what a car does then what happens when you need thoes skills say after hitting black ice or avoiding someone running into the road.

For example I was riding in a car with a friend driving
She got into a bad situation and just let go of the wheel and put us in a worse situation.

yeah, its how i learned. and i've had to use those skills as well. black ice, emergency braking, etc. its nice to know how my car is going to react in a low/no traction enviroment.

Let me be the first to say NICE KILL!!!! lol. What year Camaro did you waste? :cool:

My last race was a week ago when i wasted a pt cruiser in my wife's astro van. hehehe.*evil grin*

2012!!!! Poor guy came back for more and got smoked worse the second time when I was actually ready for him. Bad ultimate outcome, but LOVE the story. :cool:

I got four tickets when I was 20 on my "new" Honda 360T motorcycle on Memorial day of 1981...No license, no helmet, 50 in a 35, and reckless driving. Overland Park, KS police officer. As I recall the judge only levied a fine of $140 bucks. The kicker of course was when Mom said...your on your own for insurance. So the money cost taught me a lesson. Jump forward 30 yrs and I got a ticket doing 90 in 65 on the West VA turnpike going to my Aunt's funeral. Trooper reduced it so that it was not reckless driving. 4 Months later our local CLT police gave me a ticket for rolling through a 3 way stop 1/2 mile from home. Bit my lip...went to court and requested a prayer for judgement, arcane law in NC and SC, that allows you to be guilty but you are not assessed points. I went to driving school...$250 for that. It was an interesting class because of the instructor being a local policeman. His focus was how we become different people in a car. I just got a ticket in rental car on I-80...with my daughter after visiting a small college in IA. I had the cruise set at 74 mph and was zoning out on something and went through a men at work zone...trooper said he would not fine me the full possible amount of $750. Funny thing is I have not gotten a ticket yet in my Bimmer or my Lincoln...I am pretty careful in the Lincoln all though the temptation to do what the op did is there now that I am in midlife and will always be there. Like a drug! So I am the last one to judge! Its a great story for what that is worth... Mark VIII vs Camaro, 2 to 0. You won on that count. Hope the count on $ is not too painful. I hear ya!

In Florida, we have these places called "The Ticket Clinic". I got a ticket in my Geek Squad van going 93 in a 65. You give them the ticket, they get it dismissed, and you have no points! It cost me $180 but I got out of it. I think it's a bunch of attorneys that get you off on technicalities. Hopefully you have something like like that in California. I know they have nothing like it in New Jersey. When I got busted there, I was screwed. Another reason to love Florida.

Wow, The Ticket Clinic would be awesome. I had a few too many things going against me to try to avoid this situation. I am fortunate that the speed enhancement was not added. They have a one day class that I'm being allowed to take which cuts my fine in half, so this is a pretty big break. And, yes, most unfortunately, there was also alcohol involved. Pretty rotten choice on my part, but I can't seem to get that little kid out of my inside. The big kid is going to have to take over and involve the adult brain from here on out. The WORST part of the whole thing was having my baby towed and stored in a dirt lot with the damn window open. :mad: I immediately requested a flatbed since my car is lowered and that was what they sent. But still... :Bang And this happened within days after having her apart for a week doing all the valve cover and intake work. When the sherriffs asked me what I was doing, I said that I was happy to have my car back. Doh!

I just got pinched going to get ICE ICE BABY. Been 13 years since last ticket. The cop was kinda cool knocking ticket from speeding 300 fine to 92 not abiding sign ticket. Yes sir, thank you sir, have a good day sir. LOL

I just got pinched going to get ICE ICE BABY. Been 13 years since last ticket. The cop was kinda cool knocking ticket from speeding 300 fine to 92 not abiding sign ticket. Yes sir, thank you sir, have a good day sir. LOL

And then proceed to motherf*ck him once the window rolls back up lol..or at least that's what I probably would do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back