A Supercharger Question?

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
SAY I ADD A KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER TO MY MARK WHICH IS SPEED DENSITY AND LATER I CONVERT TO MASS AIR, WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCE IN HP WOULD I EXPERIENCE ONCE CONVERTED IF ANY AT ALL? :wrench

Mass air isn't considered a performance mod at all. It's just a different way that the car meters air, and also enables you to run bigger cams without much of a problem.

MARKED MAN said:
SAY I ADD A KENNE BELL SUPERCHARGER TO MY MARK WHICH IS SPEED DENSITY AND LATER I CONVERT TO MASS AIR, WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCE IN HP WOULD I EXPERIENCE ONCE CONVERTED IF ANY AT ALL? :wrench

I HAVE CONTACTED KENNE BELL DIRECTLY AND SPOKE W/ MR. BELLE. HE MENTIONED YOU WILL ACTUALLY GET "MORE" HP OUT OF A SPEED DENSITY SYSTEM! THE MAF IS A RESTRICTION........AVOID IT IF YOU ARE ABLE. HE CLAIMS YOU WON'T REQUIRE THE MAF.

I MUST ADMIT I WAS PLANNING ON PUTTING IT ON A 'STANG INSTEAD OF MY MARK VII. I GOT A PAXTON INSTEAD TO SAVE SOME $. THE KENNE BELL IS PROBABLY THE BEST FOR THE STREET ESPEC. FOR A 4000LB MARK VII.

JPJP said:
I HAVE CONTACTED KENNE BELL DIRECTLY AND SPOKE W/ MR. BELLE. HE MENTIONED YOU WILL ACTUALLY GET "MORE" HP OUT OF A SPEED DENSITY SYSTEM! THE MAF IS A RESTRICTION........AVOID IT IF YOU ARE ABLE. HE CLAIMS YOU WON'T REQUIRE THE MAF.

I MUST ADMIT I WAS PLANNING ON PUTTING IT ON A 'STANG INSTEAD OF MY MARK VII. I GOT A PAXTON INSTEAD TO SAVE SOME $. THE KENNE BELL IS PROBABLY THE BEST FOR THE STREET ESPEC. FOR A 4000LB MARK VII.

thanks for the info, for some reason i was under the impression the if one didnt convert to mass air the cars cpu wouldnt register the higher intake of air and adjust the ratios accordingly thus not letting the engine perform to its full potential.

Speed Density

HEY BYE THE WAY, CHECK OUT www.superchargerhelp.com

THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD INFO ABOUT THE SUBJECT. DO A SEARCH ON "SPEED DENSITY" STUDY BEFORE YOU TO OUT AND SUPERCHARGE. THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS BAD PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE YELLING!!!!! Typing like this is OK though :) Just a hint!

so what are the advantages of going with mass air then? I was thinking of going with a fairly radical cam, but would the be pretty much the benefit of the MAF? I guess it also helps for bigger injectors though correct? How about for throttle bodies?

EvilLsc said:
so what are the advantages of going with mass air then? I was thinking of going with a fairly radical cam, but would the be pretty much the benefit of the MAF? I guess it also helps for bigger injectors though correct? How about for throttle bodies?

what i have found since i started this thread is the benefit of MAF is the computer will adjust the air/fule ratios accordingly. apperently a speed desity system has set ratios for the amount of air coming into the intake/engine and no matter how much more you force in the computer will not register it and make adjustments which = hourse power. so by converting to the MAF the sensor will recognize that there is an increase in air flow and make the proper adjustments thus allowing for maximum hourse power gain.

I'm still reletivly new to the game so someone let me know if i am fairly correct about this cause i'm going to the junkyard this week to try to find some mass air parts so i can convert.

Members online

No members online now.
Back