A mini Tampa meet

Kumba

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
RollinLS is going to be in town Sunday night. Anyone who feels like heading over to the sponge docks on Tarpon Springs let me know. I know that me and Manoli have a grudge to settle of Hellas and Mr. Souvlakis. :)

Probably be at the docks around 7 or so. Maybe earlier.

:( if I would have known earlier I would head out... damn tennis/basketball camp.

I will have time sunday and monday evening to meet up with you guys.:)

Just moved out of Clearwater or would have joined you....Tarpon is cool, miss "Nick the Cigar King" or whatever his name is up there, good hand-rolled smokes. BTW, Mykonos has hella good food too! Have fun.

Mr. Souvlakis? Must be a Greek food place?

It's actually a Mexican-Italian fusion place ran by a Vietnamese guy name Tri....... LOL

Yeah, those two are pretty much the best Greek food restaurants around here. Not just Gyro and Fries masquerading as greek food. The Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs is a nice downtown area up there.

Tarpon Springs is northwest of Tampa and has a large older Greek population. It is a touristy town with a really cool main drag with shops/restaurants on either side, and a harbor on the north side with sponge boats and other fishing boats docked there.
The wife is Greek so we considered living there when we tried Florida for a few years, but unlike NYC, place is pretty dead after like 9 pm.
Great food though.

Tarpon Springs is northwest of Tampa and has a large older Greek population. It is a touristy town with a really cool main drag with shops/restaurants on either side, and a harbor on the north side with sponge boats and other fishing boats docked there.
The wife is Greek so we considered living there when we tried Florida for a few years, but unlike NYC, place is pretty dead after like 9 pm.
Great food though.

Yeah, but they get their party on at like 5. That way they can clog up the roads, drive slow in the left lane, tip badly and act like rockefeller (assuming the waitress even gets that joke), and then complain about their home-made grilled Octopus and Dolmas that they haven't made in 20 years tasting better. You know, typical Florida retirees. ;)

The first Friday of the month they have a "Island Night" thing up there. They basically rope off the main drag and have a block party. The restaurants bring all their tables and chairs outside and there are live bands and dancing. All in the Greek genre naturally, but still fun.

Ha yeah that's about right, gotta party after siesta:)
We went to a couple of those festivals, good times.

RollinLS is going to be in town Sunday night. Anyone who feels like heading over to the sponge docks on Tarpon Springs let me know. I know that me and Manoli have a grudge to settle of Hellas and Mr. Souvlakis. :)

Probably be at the docks around 7 or so. Maybe earlier.

Im down for sure HAHA!

I just got back from vacation (Conn. & NYC.) 2 weeks and well rested lol.

Im good for Sunday or Monday just let me know either way Souvlakis or Hellas both good places hopefully its not raining, Horrible weather all day and night so far.... I HATE RAIN!

Lame excuse!

Ive gone to reptile expo in Daytona every year it only 2 hrs 30 min away...:)

Yeah but with 45 kids running around in lightning on the tennis courts + another 150 HS basketball players and 70 Officials in the gym my hands are a bit full. 2:30 each way :p

Im down for sure HAHA!

I just got back from vacation (Conn. & NYC.) 2 weeks and well rested lol.

Im good for Sunday or Monday just let me know either way Souvlakis or Hellas both good places hopefully its not raining, Horrible weather all day and night so far.... I HATE RAIN!

It will be raining for the next week :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back