a little run from tonight

mossbergman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Couple notes.
-need one piece driveshaft.. awful shaky 100<
-needs cobra brakes or something even more badass than those. There was quite the brake smell, and the pedal was getting very soft.
-still in 3rd till I let off. Wouldn't go into 4th, even with the o/d switched on
- big fun want moar
-also rode in a Whipple gt500, need one of those
-reason I let off was because exit was coming up

Screenshot_2012-12-02-01-08-53.jpg

nice! and yeah, its easy to overwhelm the stock brakes. and anything better than cobra brakes gets awful pricey awful fast though. i haven't had any problems with my cobra brakes yet either.

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG00489-20120315-0016.jpg

closed course, professional driver.

You guys are crazy.:p I buried the 140 speedo back in 2010 after I got modded. I never want to repeat that ever again.:eek: I mean I could drive like a jerk all day around town but speeds of 120+ in this car scares the chit out of me. There was the 140+ run and then one other run where I showed that a Mark8 is still capable of 130 mph in 3rd gear even with 4.10s (@ 7K rpms of course lol)

3rd gear top speed - YouTube

Now I know how fast it will go so I don't need to repeat it. LOL

I did 137 a couple of times in my two-year-old 97 Mark LSC running between L.A. and Kingman, Arizona, and it was brilliant! The faster I went, the better the car got. HOWEVER, since my present car is now 15 years old, I just don't have the urge to compress matters. I know what it would do and that's fine by me. Now, trouncing the occasional challenger around town is entirely different... :D

I just think it's f***in cool that a Lincoln Luxury Sport Coupe has that kinda balls from the factory. And people wonder why I waited for 12 years for another one.

Damn, makes me wish I had gotten a screen shot when I did 172.

Hey Nolan! Go get a camera and bust out old whitey for a speed run! :D

I love how fast marks are. Mine loved the high speed, aside from slowing down and the 2 piece DS. Drove just as nice as it did at 60, beautifully stable

Members online

No members online now.
Back