A friend came across a 2000 LS

Talbotway

Sexy Hotrod Lincoln
Reaction score
Guys, A buddie of mine works for a towing / wrecker company and this last weekend was telling me that his boss just crushed an LS. I was telling him how stupid a move that was and he replied that he had 3 more in the lot. They are all Gen 1's and all V-8's. H just sent me a picture of one and is going to get me the rest. I asked what he wanted for the whole car and he didn't know but he assured me that it would probably be cheap.

This one the engine will not turn over. Not sure if thats cause it's locked up or dead battery,, I'm kinda going on the fly tonight but wanted to get the thread started.

LS.jpg

I am always up for stocking up on gen 1 parts. Or, if the price is right, buying one to pull parts off of as needed.

if you can in fact get them i need a clockspring for my 2000 LS and maybe more haha.

I'm in Indy, I might have to make a trip up to see what there is. Let me know and I can drive up there.

Hawk,, It's down in Indy!! If you have time I can hook you up with my buddy and you can go them it anytime. I asked him to check on a all three price, but we don;t really have a place to keep them.

I'll update here tommorrow as soon as I find out more Info

Where in Indy are these at? I live near-by and I am in need of some parts for my 2000 LS.

Hawk,, It's down in Indy!! If you have time I can hook you up with my buddy and you can go them it anytime. I asked him to check on a all three price, but we don;t really have a place to keep them.

I'll update here tommorrow as soon as I find out more Info

Cool! Any updates? Pics? Are they willing to part any of them out?

if you can in fact get them i need a clockspring for my 2000 LS and maybe more haha.

Buy a brand new clockspring. If not taken out correctly, used ones break easily.

hell even if taken out correctly it could be broke, or on its way to breaking.
i would never buy a used clock spring from a car that is know to have a lot of clockspring issues.

Sorry guys, I have been out of town on buisness,, I did text my friend today and told him time is money. I promise I will get an answer soon,, I finish up with work tommorrow and will have some time to spend working on him.

Sounds like the tow hook cover, (didn;t even know we had those) are the needed part right now,, so I can assume there is a left and right?

Seriously,, I'll get back as soon as I get the price.
Sorry for the delay.

Sorry guys, I have been out of town on buisness,, I did text my friend today and told him time is money. I promise I will get an answer soon,, I finish up with work tommorrow and will have some time to spend working on him.

Sounds like the tow hook cover, (didn;t even know we had those) are the needed part right now,, so I can assume there is a left and right?

Seriously,, I'll get back as soon as I get the price.
Sorry for the delay.

No worries. I'm looking for some wheels and an ashtray and may be some other misc parts.

I can meet you at the junk yard this weekend, if you make it down here.

Hawk, I have a dinner date Sat, but I can check about Sun, if not then definatly next weekend,

I'm getting the tow hooks off, I'll check the shipping and get you guys a price on those
I know there not the best pictures and my buddy knows cars but not the value on our LS so we should do pretty good,, I just want to prevent his boss from smashing any more if I can.

Hawk,, I'll check what I can do when the wife gets home tonight and post back in the AM.

LS4sale 002.jpg

LS4sale 001.jpg

LS4sale 003.jpg

LS4sale 004.jpg

LS4sale 005.jpg

LS4sale 006.jpg

LS4sale 007.jpg

LS4sale 008.jpg

LS4sale 009.jpg

LS4sale 010.jpg

Hawk, I have a dinner date Sat, but I can check about Sun, if not then definatly next weekend,

I'm getting the tow hooks off, I'll check the shipping and get you guys a price on those
I know there not the best pictures and my buddy knows cars but not the value on our LS so we should do pretty good,, I just want to prevent his boss from smashing any more if I can.

Hawk,, I'll check what I can do when the wife gets home tonight and post back in the AM.

Thanks Talbot! I'm in no hurry, I'm good when ever.

Hey! I need a black plastic piece that connects the plastic rocker panel to the fender well guard. I need it for the passenger side front. Not sure if these were one first gens so let me know if you need more clear instruction!

Thanks!

N81oO.jpg

are these all parted or can they be sold outright? i would consider a purchase of the vehice.
i need a back left turn signal (just the left hand piece of housing if possible without other piece)
a new degas bottle (OEM! my dorman died after 2 weeks! bad choce being cheap! Next time Motocraft)
any and all coolant hoses (shes overheating again and can't isolate problem after replaced cracks in thermostat housing and the thermostat, but aluminum jag housing is waiting is sitting in garage.
rear chrome piece trim on non-sports (not rear surround)
new dccv
oil pan gasket
cabin air filter
clockspring
heat shield for gen I CAI (not sure member selling them)
possibly sun visor that was self fabricated in the make (cant remember member sselling either)

Is it possible to get an address for the place these are at? Street name, business name, anything that would identify the place these are?
Was gonna go down to Tibbs Ave junkyards this weekend and look for parts but these would save me some time (and effort, not to mention) over doing that.

i need the wood shifter and steering wheel (w/o airbag) off the tan car , to bad i dont have money atm damn never fails haha

Guys, in town, My buddy Jason is trying to get these out of his bosses yard at 1/2 price, so maybe if you guys want to meet with him and just walk thru and make a small list of items he will remove and call you for pick up.
He said the silver 2000 lights work till you turn the key then everything goes dark. Originally he bought that one as a fixer, but seems to be loseing interest, I'd imagine that he would sell that one outright.

For you local guys pm me and I'll hit you back with Jason cell # and you guys can set up a viewing.

Guys, in town, My buddy Jason is trying to get these out of his bosses yard at 1/2 price, so maybe if you guys want to meet with him and just walk thru and make a small list of items he will remove and call you for pick up.
He said the silver 2000 lights work till you turn the key then everything goes dark. Originally he bought that one as a fixer, but seems to be loseing interest, I'd imagine that he would sell that one outright.

For you local guys pm me and I'll hit you back with Jason cell # and you guys can set up a viewing.

Thanks dude for helping out with this. I sent you a PM.

Members online

No members online now.
Back