A couple questions.

fastmark1993

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just a couple questions that I would love to have answered.

1. Would one be able to run a 255/50r16 tire on the rear without any issues?

2. say one were install 4:30 gears, what should he expect? untuned that is.

yeah, i think that size fits.

you should expect the shift schedule to be messed up, and you might bounce off the limiter without a tune or jmod.

In addtion to that for the gears you will need a speed cal of some sort or a new speed-o gear. im not sure if they have one for a 430 gear however the black 410 gear should getya close enough. with out these. tuned or not. . that is if you have a gen 1. your name implys 93 mark. but your sig implys 97. so just throwing this out there. with the gen 2s i dont think the speed o gear is as important.

Trippen, you've had those 4.10's awhile now, are you still like Loverboy, lovin every minute of it? :cool:

Like trippen out said about what year that car is will make a difference
If its a gen 2 you need a 1 peace drive shaft

Trippen, you've had those 4.10's awhile now, are you still like Loverboy, lovin every minute of it? :cool:

I do love my 4:10's However i suffer from horrible milage. like 14.6mpg around town. of course my tune is probably rich as hell. god knows when the o2 sensors have last been changed and the car still needs lots of love. with that said. i wouldnt give em up and go back thats for sure. as for highway. when i drove to miami to meet Alex (he will be surprised i didnt call him ultimatesvt) i averaged about 18.9-19.5mpg thats about 4 hours of straight 70-90mph. even so i love having them even with all the highway driving i do.

Like trippen out said about what year that car is will make a difference
If its a gen 2 you need a 1 peace drive shaft

in this regard i would say its best to get a 1 peice shaft no matter what, unless its an early 93 which already has one. the key tho is not to just have a 1 peice shaft but for it to be balanced.

That's what I was saying I thought he had a 93
Maybe the op should specify the year of car.

I have a 93 shaft that's balanced on mine with small gears.

Ive been drivin with my 4.30's for over 2 years now on my 98. Stock driveshaft, 4.10 vss gear and wasnt tuned until recently. And even then my tune was for stock gears. No absolute need for a tune. I would definitely get a trac loc and a JMOD before a tune. But I would highly recommend 4.30's.

nice, well i got brand new ford racing 4:30 gears for 60 bucks and some mickey thompson et street radials 255/50r16 tires for 100 bucks(80%tread). I mounted the tires, they look SWEET! will snap a pic and post it, the gears are going in this weekend with this:http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...-F-150-Ranger-Mustang-more-W0QQAdIdZ466242874

gonna buy it on friday, buddy said I can have it for 275, think I should rebuild it? I ordered a rebuild kit for the diff.

car is a 97 lsc btw

Members online

Back