A/c Problem

Lincoln LS

  1. Numba1usmarine

    Numba1usmarine Active LVC Member

    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Location:
    Twentynine Palms
    my A/C hasent worked for the past couple of months. today i changed my coils out and flushed the cooling system after i was finished i turned on the A/C to see if it works then surprisingly the A/C was blowing cold air but that only lasted for 10 minutes then it went back to blowing warm air. i was told that the heater control valve is bad i am in the processing of ordering that part, but what would make the A/C work then just stop working?
     
  2. Frogman

    Frogman Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    7,041
    Likes Received:
    1
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Location:
    I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
    Low freon level would be my first guess.
    Moisture in the system my second guess.
    The moon not being aligned with Jupiter my third guess.
     
  3. Numba1usmarine

    Numba1usmarine Active LVC Member

    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Location:
    Twentynine Palms
    so there is no chance that it would be the heater valve that got stuck and it not opening back again to let a/c work
     
  4. Frogman

    Frogman Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    7,041
    Likes Received:
    1
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Location:
    I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
    I never said that, now did I...

    I told you what I would personally look at first if I were in your shoes.

    Oh, and you can't be the #1 Marine. Surely, you're not Old Chesty himself. :p
     
  5. Numba1usmarine

    Numba1usmarine Active LVC Member

    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Location:
    Twentynine Palms
    i just wanted a second opinion. i was told a while back that my heater valve was bad
     
  6. Frogman

    Frogman Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    7,041
    Likes Received:
    1
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Location:
    I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
    And it could very well be bad. Without actually seeing it, it's kind of hard to diagnose crap.
     
  7. NateRW21

    NateRW21 Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    1,826
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location:
    Lansing
    take it to an A/C shop... a lot of them will give free estimates
     
  8. joegr

    joegr Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    19,388
    Likes Received:
    1,393
    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2005
    Location:
    Gulfport
    If you've got a couple of pairs of vice-grips, use them to clamp off each of the two heater hoses the run between the DCCV and the heater core. If the cold air comes back, then you're problem is 98% certain to be the DCCV. (The other 2% would be the control head.)

    If you get the hoses completely clamped down (no coolant flow), and still don't get cold air, then low freon is likely, but not certain.
     
  9. Numba1usmarine

    Numba1usmarine Active LVC Member

    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Location:
    Twentynine Palms
    thanks alot for all the help i will take the car back to base tomorrow and check it out
     
  10. NateRW21

    NateRW21 Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    1,826
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location:
    Lansing
    So the Army calls helicopters choppers....

    Air Force calls them Copters

    What do Marines call helicopters?







    Points to the sky... UOOHHH UOOHHH UOOHHH UOOHHH UOOHHH
     
  11. NateRW21

    NateRW21 Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    1,826
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location:
    Lansing
    I may have said that joke before... but it never gets old!!

    :-D
     
  12. Frogman

    Frogman Dedicated LVC Member

    Messages:
    7,041
    Likes Received:
    1
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2005
    Location:
    I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
    Hahahahaha
     
  13. Numba1usmarine

    Numba1usmarine Active LVC Member

    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    Location:
    Twentynine Palms
    funny lol
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.