98 LSC Stalls in Reverse

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK- had the battery off two weeks ago while doing my blend door and Potentiometer fixes - now the car stalls in reverse -not every time but consistent enough to tick me off.

It has been long enough for the computer to relearn my habits. I back in the driveway at night - no problems - stumbles but never stalls. When I drive to work - maybe 20-30 min when I back into a parking space it always stalls. I am not coming off a high speed run or sudden turns. Gas tank is always 1/2 to full. Flat surfaces - I place foot on brake put gear into reverse and off she goes. . Place in neutral -restarts easily and place back into reverse - no problem. Same issue now for 6 out of 10 days. IAC is two years old org cam and crank sensor - 107,000 miles. Any thoughts?

MLPS maybe? Have you run a KOER test to check for codes?

Thanks.

No codes - yet. Could be the MPLS ...I will wash the LSC with Holy water to see if that helps with the spirits...

Have you noticed a change in idle rpms or has it been hunting for idle speed when you let of the gas say coming up an off ramp?

Have you noticed a change in idle rpms or has it been hunting for idle speed when you let of the gas say coming up an off ramp?

Nothing I have noticed while moving. I will pay more attentions to see if I see anything.

Sometimes at a light, after I had hit the accelerator hard (only when cold) it will go up and down for a few moments from maybe 500 to 2000 rpms then go away when I accelerate again or the temp reaches normal.

Members online

Back