98 lincoln mark 8 help

rusty jones

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey can some1 pleaase tell me where the fuel pump is located on my 98 mark 8.....and can i fit 22's on it with eny problems?????

The fuel pump is in the fuel tank. I do not know for sure on running 22" Rims.

fuel pump is in the gas tank. and PLEASE DON'T put anything bigger then 20's on a mark. It will be ugly as sin no matter what rim selection. Hell, it's hard for a mark to look good with 20's.

The wheels are going to fit based off of a lot of things...

What size tires?
What width wheel?
What backspacing?

I would suggest getting out a tape measure and getting some numbers and seeing for yourself....

I wanted 18s, got 20s. Very happy with 20s but any bigger and I am sure I would not have cared for em.

Hopefully this pics loads.... but these are my 20s.

web.jpg

I wanted 18s, got 20s. Very happy with 20s but any bigger and I am sure I would not have cared for em.

Those are definately as "big" as I would go.
anything bigger than that and I guarantee you I would "laugh at it" in the real world.

those 20's look good, abliet a "little to tucked" for my personal taste/opinion.

P.S. I love the green custom graphic on the hood, but the ricer green stripe up the windsheild really.. uhm.. needs to go. HAHAHA

*JK* I know it's just a reflection *free post*

P.S. I love the green custom graphic on the hood, but the ricer green stripe up the windsheild really.. uhm.. needs to go. HAHAHA

*JK* I know it's just a reflection *free post*

HAHA.... I need new pics. EVERYONE pics on my for that green LOL..

By the way, I dont ride it that low, it was slammed when I took pics to check for an rubbing. I ride a little higher and it looks just right.

I think you have to see them in person. I know Rich does not care for them, but even he said they looked good in person.

Crap.. he's got a 98 like my new car

you want to use the SVT focus pump and once again, check the "tech section" at the top of this page..it's even got some pictures I believe.

A Walbro 190 is ideal for most. If you plan on adding some things a 255 may be the better choice.

A Walbro 190 is ideal for most. If you plan on adding some things a 255 may be the better choice.

If your gonna drop the tank.. put the 255 in there.
The unused fuel will just return to your tank.

Then in the future if you "need" more fuel, it'll already be there.

Also consider longetivity

With a larger pump, later down the road when it loses 10% of it's output, it wont affect you in the least because it's got more than 10% overhead.

If your gonna drop the tank.. put the 255 in there.
The unused fuel will just return to your tank.

Then in the future if you "need" more fuel, it'll already be there.

Also consider longetivity

With a larger pump, later down the road when it loses 10% of it's output, it wont affect you in the least because it's got more than 10% overhead.

True, but even the 190 is over-rated. Concern with the 255 is life-span. I read they run a lot hotter making it critical to always have at least a quarter tank of fuel, no less, to keep it cool. Even then the heat can kill the pump sooner.

What is stock, 150?

Concern with the 255 is life-span.

Really?
hmm.. my stock pump died at 150,000 miles
at the time I was a noob so I put in a stock replacement that died at 150,000 miles.

I put the 255 lph in at 400K it was still going strong..but that was only 100K after installing it.

never had/heard of a longetivity problem with them.

There was something on TCCOA about them. Although odds are that an owner will only install 1 pump ever.

Is there ever too much fuel pump in a return style system....

You never know when you might want to add some nitrous or something like that down the road.

thank you guys......i used to be on this forum back in the day when i had a mark 8 but i sold it......i just picked up a red 98 with 190k mint for 1k only cause the fuel pump went bad from the guy driving on E all the time.....and i just got some 22's so i cant wait to get her going again....i miss my mark 8....this one got more miles what do u guys think about 190k on a mark 8? is it gonna hold up???????? my friends dad got a 97 with over 600k on it so it gives me hope haha

Ya, the power plant itself is VERY strong and reliable. Its everything around it that can fall apart.

Members online

No members online now.
Back