98 Conti Radiator fans not coming on

eightiesgod

LVC Member
Reaction score
Any ideas gents on both fans not coming on even when I turn on the A/C.... luckily I was paying attention and she did not heat up too bad, but we can't figure out why they won't come on. The fans work when direct power is applied, any ideas? Last time this happened to me years ago it was my alternator going bad. There are no other symptoms of that this time. Suggestions surely appreciated. TIA:)

there are 2 relays that you need to check under the hood. both relays control the low and high fan and the pcm supplies the ground for them to turn on. I'd try swapping the relays as a preliminary check or just jump it. if the relays are good then it means the pcm is not supplying ground which could be an issue with the wiring from the PCM (or the PCM itself) or the coolant sensor, ac low pressure switch (is your AC working or charged properly? does the compressor turn on?).

98 conti fans

there are 2 relays that you need to check under the hood. both relays control the low and high fan and the pcm supplies the ground for them to turn on. I'd try swapping the relays as a preliminary check or just jump it. if the relays are good then it means the pcm is not supplying ground which could be an issue with the wiring from the PCM (or the PCM itself) or the coolant sensor, ac low pressure switch (is your AC working or charged properly? does the compressor turn on?).

hi there i found this link to a schematic for the cooling fans , i though it might be helpful . the wed site has a complete set of schematics for just about any car check it out , i hope it helps. they also have technical service bulletins as well .

http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html

Members online

No members online now.
Back