98-2001 devilles.. whats wrong with them?

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
if you read in the towncar forum you would know that i am getting rid of my tc and getting a comparable year deville..

now the question is:

am i stepping up, to the side or down in terms of reliability in relation to my towncar?

Lac'

Nakoa said:
if you read in the towncar forum you would know that i am getting rid of my tc and getting a comparable year deville..

now the question is:

am i stepping up, to the side or down in terms of reliability in relation to my towncar?

I've got nothing but good to say about my 2000 Deville...The comfort of the ride is just unbeatable..I've had 2 check engine lights in the past year and it was just a simple hose here and there...Haven't owned a Lincoln but have rode in many... just my .2 cents...

Rollin_O_G said:
I've got nothing but good to say about my 2000 Deville...The comfort of the ride is just unbeatable..I've had 2 check engine lights in the past year and it was just a simple hose here and there...Haven't owned a Lincoln but have rode in many... just my .2 cents...

hey, you should trade him your cadillac for his lincoln.haha

do it do it do it!

haha.. thanks for the replies.. keep them coming.

How reliable are the engines on them? I have see a 2000 deville with 185000 miles on it. The devilles are really nice cars but I bought the TC because of the RWD. If they would just put a RWD on the deville. You can't feel the punch on FWD cars but I know you want a better interior, and the deville wins over the Town car.

thanks for the reply. what do you mean by not feeling the punch? does it feel underpowered, not accelerate well..?

Nakoa said:
thanks for the reply. what do you mean by not feeling the punch? does it feel underpowered, not accelerate well..?
I didn't feel much pull when I pressed in the pedal. I know cadillac are faster but (in my oppinion) the town car felt to have more power. The town car has a more thick engine noise than a caddy, so it sounds more like a muscle car. Just try it and see what you like. The caddy I rented was a base deville with 275HP

mark0101 said:
... but I know you want a better interior, and the deville wins over the Town car.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one, Mark 0101. I always felt Cadillac interiors to be a bit too gaudy. The Town Car interior on the other hand has a rather understated elegance, like that of a Rolls-Royce. Again, this is just my opinion but it would make for an interesting poll.

My Licoln 18.jpg

My Licoln 24.jpg

My Licoln 19.jpg

It is more detailed then the town car. the dash on the town car is flat. sorry about the double post

i dont like where the temperature controls are located on the devilles before 2000. does any body else feel that way or am i crazy?

try the seville too. I really liked that car. It had lots of power.

2001 Deville-60K, beautiful car, fun to drive, but..

then last week the transmission went out while driving on a very busy two lane hwy. Good thing the rear view mirrors fold back. The dealership informed me
that, "something came apart inside the transmission." To pinpoint failure the Trn would need to be disassembled. Ordered GM remanufactured Trn. Total cost:
$3400.

Soon after buying the car the transmission sensors were replaced. An omen perhaps? We have enjoyed driving the Deville but understandably doubts arise concerning the car's reliability. What's the term used to describe our expaerience-"statistical anomaly" ? We all know that's BS. My wife says to fix and sell it before something else fails, say the engine: replacement cost: 8K

Ah well, might aswell test drive a Lexus as some friends and neighbors have urged me to do. As one of them recentlly told me, "I gave up on domestic cars as I cannot afford the down time or expense of repairs." I started to debate a bit with him then I remembered a recent headline:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
In total, GM lost $1.6 billion in the quarter and $3.8 billion ... Through
September, its market share fell to 17.7%, from 18.4% in the year-ago period. ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could there possiblly be a connection or would GM mgt shrug it off saying, "they are two mutually exclusive events?"

sad to hear that about your caddy man. reliability issues are keeping me from anything with that duck laden crest on the hood.

lexus on the other hand, are amazing vehicles. my aunt has an 03 ls430 loaded balls to the walls. stunning, to say the least.

Lexus does have alot of options but cmon, Pearl Harbor anybody?

Mitshubishe made the planes that bombed pearl harbor lexus is just a fancy toyota your prob just refering to there a japananese company I just thought id share that little bit of info on mitshubishe. In my opinion go for whatever u like u had a tc try a deville if it was me id deffinetly say seville sts over deville but thats my choice not yours, anyways I luv my Mark no need for anything else right now, have fun car shopping good luck.

We are still into it with the Middle East, but we are still buying their Gas and Oil arent we? Lexus is a good car, no doubt as is Toyota for that matter (they always run for well over 200k miles without major problems/expenses). Lincoln Town car was one of the few, and I mean few American cars rated as a best buy for a used car by Consumer Reports. No Caddy made the list. (coincidentally Lexus and Toyota about all models did). I own a Caddy and a Mark VIII though, so personal choice. And in all honesty, with the financial troubles of the Big 3, you have to know they are skimping on parts whenever and where ever they can, and charging way too much for these cars. I know they are................I worked for a OEM Piston Manufacturer until 2004 and saw it 1st hand. I am a total union and American guy, but they have done it to themselves. Besides, Toyota builds alot of cars right here in the USA, and the Big 3 import tons of parts from the cheaper countries to build theirs. Not at all like it used to be and it will only get worse.

Members online

No members online now.
Back