96 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC --- IMRC fault

SUNSET28560

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am a new member to this site. I am also a new owner of a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. I live in NC and with newly revised DMV laws, I must inspect the car before I can purchase plates. I have a problem. My "check engine" light is on and has been diagnosed with a code of P1537. My IMRC, intake manifold runner control valve (Bank 1 --- passenger side) is at fault. Ford has quit making this particular part. I have 2 major dealership Parts Managers searching for this part. Does anybody have any suggestions in locating this particular part or other solutions to remedy this issue? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

are you looking for the imrc actuator? good luck and be prepared to pay. 96 is a one year only part and they are getting scarce hit up kustomizingkid last i knew he had a few

oh and :W to :V

Thanks for the welcome greeting! I actually have a mechanic working on the vehicle. I am not sure if IMRC is part of the actuator. At this point, I believe we are going to have to find an alternative solution other than simply replacing the obsolete part. Again, thanks for the advice!

the imrc's are little valves in the intake and the code is usually caused by the computer not seeing the actuator moving, so either the imrc's are stuck, the actuator isnt working or the sensor on top (96 only) isnt reading right

Members online

No members online now.
Back