96 hood separation

Psychostang

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The hood on my 96 Mark is separating in the front. I noticed the hood was "bouncing" up and down, on the way home from work. It seems the air is able to get in between the bottom and top section. Has anyone had this happen before? If so, how did you repair it? I put some clear mylar to keep the too sections together and block airflow. It's working so far.

Go get some fiberglass resin, and try to inject it in the crack. It will set FAST so have an idea about where you're going with it. Once you've got the mixture made, you've got about a minute before it starts hardening

Go get some fiberglass resin, and try to inject it in the crack. It will set FAST so have an idea about where you're going with it. Once you've got the mixture made, you've got about a minute before it starts hardening

you are mixing your resin way to hot thus making it brittle.

your hood is smc not fiberglass go to your autobody supply store and buy some smc panel bond they should have a applicator gun you can barrow to do this. stick something inbetween the 2 peices to open it up and squirt the glue in and let it cure.

you are mixing your resin way to hot thus making it brittle.

I once watched a friend kick off a brutally promoted hot tab mix and have it start to smoke after about 10 secs. He ran towards us as we yelled at him to go away streaming thick white smoke behind him. It was solid and the paint can it was in was almost red hot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back