96 DeVille radio

STYES

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Good morning everybody and Happy Thanksgiving. My question is about the horrible radio in my 1996 base Deville. I have heard that I can't swap it out due to issues with the ECM and BCM not properly communicating. I certainly do not want to risk anything but this stereo is lousy, nothing like the STS I used to have. What are my options? I only want a decent sounding CD (with USB?) player, nothing special and do not care if it is aftermarket. Can anybody direct me to a solution? It is appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

I don't know how correct that information is. Back then the cadillacs had real radios and they weren't just glorified remote controls going to a computer module.. I had a 1996 Fleetwood and that had a kick @ss system in it... You shouldn't have any problem taking that radio out in replacing with something new.... just need a wiring harness that fits that particular car... And please tell me who ever told you that information isn't the one installing the radio otherwise you're going to have electrical issues.... make sure a franchise radio shop does the installation... because if wires get crossed with the vehicle theft system they are the ones who going to have to pay to fix it..

Members online

No members online now.
Back