96 cobra intake on 95 mark viii

rcodemustang

LVC Member
Reaction score
HI,
Can anybody tell me all the parts needed to install a cobra intake on a 95 mark viii lsc. Motor is out for rebuild. Want to have the car ready for Hemmings musclepalozza in May.Thanks,Rick

I haven't finished my swap in the '96 yet, but off the top of my head...

Upper/lower intake
Bolt kit
Intake/IMRC gaskets
IMRC's or deletes
Head/IMRC gaskets
Cobra fuel rail w/ regulator
Throttle cable bracket
Cobra throttle body
Throttle body gasket
Cobra throttle cable
Cobra Intake tube
EGR delete
AN Fuel line adaptors @ fuel rail
AN Fuel lines
AN Fuel line adapters at fuel filter and return tube

Have fun with re-routing the wiring and vacuum lines. ;)

I haven't finished my swap in the '96 yet, but off the top of my head...

Upper/lower intake
Bolt kit
Intake/IMRC gaskets
IMRC's or deletes
Head/IMRC gaskets
Cobra fuel rail w/ regulator
Throttle cable bracket
Cobra throttle body
Throttle body gasket
Cobra throttle cable
Cobra Intake tube
EGR delete
AN Fuel line adaptors @ fuel rail
AN Fuel lines
AN Fuel line adapters at fuel filter and return tube

Have fun with re-routing the wiring and vacuum lines. ;)

Is it just adding length to the harness and vacuum lines? How far are u along with yours? Thanks,Rick

Is it just adding length to the harness and vacuum lines? How far are u along with yours? Thanks,Rick

Mostly... You'll see when you open up the harness. I think I had to lengthen 3 wires, mostly because of the factory splicing. I also had to lengthen wires for the IACV. I may need to lengthen the harness for the IAT sensor. Basically you need to reroute the harness behind the intake rather than over it.

I have the intake and deletes with the fuel rails with injectors assembled ready to set in place. I lucked out and had a throttle cable bracket on one of the other Cobra intakes. The wiring harness is done but I haven't started anything on the vacuum lines. I don't suspect any issues. The car already had the EGR deleted so without IMRC's, the vacuum routing will be a lot simpler.

I had to push the project aside and hopefully can get back to it soon. Search the Mark VIII section for a thread on the swap with some pics. I think there should be others, but most I've seen were on Gen2's which is a somewhat simpler project.

I've heard that the gen 1 manifolds flow a lot better than the gen 2 manifolds and it's really not worth the money and time to do the cobra swap on a gen1

Members online

No members online now.
Back