`95 seat motors?

Future

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Where can I find a new front motor for the drivers seat? I've checked out a few auto parts places but they aren't listed as a part :confused:

This morning just 20 minutes before a 2hr drive I powered the seat all the way foward to pick out some lose paper on the floor (basic garbage) and it simply wouldn't slide back at all. The motor clicks, I see the jolt as to turn, but nada, nothing, zip, zilch.....

Could it possibly be simpler than a bad motor? If so I'd love your ideas

push to the rear (or whatever direction your trying to move the seat) on the seat as you work the control. sounds like a gear train problem. if your hearing clicking, that would likely be the gears skipping teeth.

Not an uncommon problem on most power seats. and you will probably have to go to a bone yard or stealership for the parts to replace.

See if the seat works with out you sitting in it.

I suspect it is the gearing, as it is a common issue. On the slight chance there could be something stuck in the tracks make sure they are clean and a little spray white lithium grease cant hurt (protect the carpet and other areas from any over-spray).

I tried pushing while sitting in the seat..nothing. Tried just using buttons and nothing.

I looked under the seat as I tried moving it with the switch and the harness connected to the motor would lunge, but that was all it did.

Members online

Back