95 Fleetwood

'93's had a 350, but only '94's-'96's had the Corvette LT1 350 (exactly the same as an Impala SS). The '93's are obviously a little less desireable in general.

'95 did 0-60 in 8.5? Pretty good for 4500 lbs of fury.

LT1 corvette

The Fleetwood and most of the B-bodies, Caprice, Roadmasters and wagons, did come with an LT1 engine. A few of the differences between the Corvette LT1 and the Sedan are for the B-bodies: iron heads ore torque, different cam Corvette is a flagship car will always have more power, different ECM tuning same thing flag ship car more power, different exhaust manifold. That being said with a little bit of effort you can modify the B-body LT1 and get more power, both torque and HP, than the factory Corvette. Go to www.impalassforum.com. Lots of information on mods that fit the B-body and the Fleetwood.

HTH Wayne

Christian Kostrau said:
Do all 93-96 Fleetwoods have a corvette engine?

It's pretty been said by lead sled already.
But the "corvette engine" myth is tricky; the Fleetwood cam with a Corvette derived engine. Heads, cam, PCM tuning are some of the main differences.

But it can make nice power with the huge aftermarket that's out there. It is no slouch right out of the factory. :D

I've had several 94-96 Buick Roadmaster sedans and wagons, as well as a few Fleetwoods. They are truly one of the finest cars to combine power and luxury. I've always found the traction control system in the Fleetwoods a bit annoying, but surely if I found one I was going to keep - I'd find that somebody on this site has found a handy way to disable it. I never noticed an easy switch inside the car for this, like my Mark VIII has. Nevertheless, the luxury LT-1 cars are fan-frickin-tastic.

Members online

Back