94 TC, Anyone share transmitter programming instructions?

Kiss4aFrog

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 Linc TC and my transmitter FCC code is GQ43VT4T
I have a working transmitter but no instructions on how to program it to the vehicle. When I bought the vehicle it didn't have any transmitters. If you have instructions for any TC or Mark 7-8 I would really appreciate the help. I want to get a transmitter to work to make sure my vehicle is equipped with remote entry before I purchase transmitters for it.
Thank you.

I know how to for my 93 I don't think 94 would be any different, The procedure is to enter your factory keyless entry code on the keypad on the drivers door (factory code can be found in the trunk) then press the 1-2 button quickly after you enter the code then press any button on your remote transmitter.

Now, about that code in the trunk? :)

Dear Klutch, Thank you for the info. Sorry to have to ask but do you know where in the trunk they record the keyless code? I'm sorry to sound so lost but the seller didn't have transmitters or the code. I called Lincoln to have them check by VIN if my car came with the remote entry and they said it did. I want to make sure before I start spending money on transmitters as I can use the one from my Mark 8 as the numbers are the same. :)

Don't be sorry what im here for :) It should be on your right side (passengers side) hinge of the trunk. It is just a little sticker with a 5 digit code on it. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. That code works the keypad so now I'm off to try the remote from my Mark VIII to see if it works. :)

Opps

Thank you for the help as any I can get is much appreciated. My system wouldn't program using your directions at the keypad. I needed to go behind the glove box and in a 2 conductor grey connector short the wires together with the ignition in the "on" position. The system cycled and I hit the remote and it responded and then when I turned the ignition back off it cycled once more. It works great (except that it locks and unlocks the Mark 8 next to it I "borrowed" the remote from)! I already hit ebay and ordered a couple so I can replace my Mark's one disfunctional transmitter and have a pair for the Town Car as it didn't come with them. It's also great to have the keyless code as I've already paid for a lock out standing on the outside seeing my keys swinging in the ignition. Thank you.

Sorry about that I think I got the instructions confused with the 97-98 Mark VIII I am glad you got it working though. Glad I could help with your keyless entry code I know it has saved me a few times I could never own anything other than a Ford because I lock my keys in the car so much thank god for the keyless entry pad lol. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask I try and answer as many as I can as not a lot of people browse the Town Car forums

If needed I now have the keyless remote transmitter Instructions for 1994 Town Car, 1994 Mark VIII and 95 Thunderbird.

I went to the parts store and bought a new remote for my 95 TC because the old one would go through batteries in about three weeks. Where did you get the FCC number? Some people have said it is on the old remote but I have tore it apart looking for it, they said this is why my new one I bought doesn't work is because it is the wrong FCC number. Any thoughts?

It's normally molded into the back of the case on the outsider.
If you can't find it on the transmitter then there is usually a sticker on the outside of the receiver if you can get to it.

1.0x0.jpg

1.0x0.jpg

Members online

Back