93 Mercury Head Gaskets Q's

Manitcor

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
Ive been a lurker for a while and love the forum.

Im going to be redoing the headgaskets on my mom's mercury and Im am having trouble locating a decent merc forum so Im hoping that one of the Lincoln models share engines with the Merc.

The car is a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis with the 4.0 (I think) SOHC V8. It has well over 100k on it and the headgaskets have finally kicked it. I picked up a hayes book and found plenty of good info. What im looking for though is any advice, tips or insights into working on this car because as we all know Haynes and Chiltons can leave important bits of information out from time to time.

Also Id like to know if theres anything else I should check or replace as I do this. Ive already decided to pick up 2 new chains and tensions for the cams as that seems to be something easy to replace as Im doing this. Is there anything else I might want to check or replace pre-emptively so Im not tearing this thing apart again in 6 months?

I appericate any help, even if you have a link to an actual merc forum.

Thanks guys,
Manitcor

:)

Last edited:
mer forum, www.fastfords.com www.fordforums.net or com www.crownvic.net

In the end, towncar, merc or crownvic, its the same car. it has the 4.6 SOHC. Change the coolant line that goes under the intake, might as well do the valve seals, and clean the EGR canal. Sorry to post so late. Keep us posted one the work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back