93 ecu and its agressive tune

vr4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
found a 93 at the local pick and pull the other day so i grabbed the ecu out of it.

time to find out once and for all if theres any measurable difference between it and my 95 LSC tune.

not just any 93 computer will make a difference, its a certain catch code in 93, they made more then one ecu in 93. i forget what the catch code is that you want, but it wasnt just any computer from all 93's!!

Would the most aggressive code be W3Z2? Thats what i have and mine is an early 93 model. I think the earliest ones were supposedly the most aggressive.

whats that link for, thats only talking about 94 and 95 transmission swap, if these guys already have 93's but not the catch code we're all talking about, then swapping a 93 pcm into a 93 mark VIII isnt going to give transmission worries. besides that, do you know how many tranny swaps i have seen that were different years then the actual car and i never saw anyone swap the computer out after putting in another transmission. they always seemed to work like they should afterwards. i dont get the point of that little paragraph.

would this be better than what i have in my 97 lsc? thnks.

wont work in the 2nd gens (or 96s) due to OBD2 and having a completely different harness

i checked it last night but forgot to post. IIRC the code on it is X3L2

w3z2 is the preferred from what ive been reading.

Check the ford part number, look for an F2 (92) prefix.
then check for the wsz2 catch code
the F3 PCMs with wsz2 and wsz3 aren't "the ones".

Tiffs 93 mark 8 had a wsz2 catch code with a F2 prefix on the part number.
That car ran door handle to door handle with my 373/chipped car.

Check the ford part number, look for an F2 (92) prefix.
then check for the wsz2 catch code
the F3 PCMs with wsz2 and wsz3 aren't "the ones".

will do tonight.

whats that link for, thats only talking about 94 and 95 transmission swap, if these guys already have 93's but not the catch code we're all talking about, then swapping a 93 pcm into a 93 mark VIII isnt going to give transmission worries. besides that, do you know how many tranny swaps i have seen that were different years then the actual car and i never saw anyone swap the computer out after putting in another transmission. they always seemed to work like they should afterwards. i dont get the point of that little paragraph.
I just figured it was wise to watch out for issues like in that example/link.
If it's works, like I mentioned thats a good thing, but it's best to check into first, no? From your info it sounds like it's fine, I didn't see it was a '93-93 swap.

I still don't understand this- these 93 tunes must have been "amazing", because it seems like even aftermarket chips and tuners cannot match the power made by this stock 93 tune... why is this?? you would think that an aftermarket chip done be a reputable person would at least give the car more power than the stock 93 tune. I've always been confused by this "early 93" phenomenon.

Members online

Back