92 mark vii wont start

TOMI187

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with my 92 mark vii 90,000 miles. It has developed a random no start problem. It has done this several times where it just cranks and cranks but wont fire. I can't seem to find a pattern as to why it is happening. The only common factor when it happens seems to be cooler weather. I have had it towed once when I drove it to work stopped after a twenty min drive close to work for smokes came back out and wouldn't start. Every other time it has happened has been at my house. What are some things I can check first? I am leaning towards fuel pump after reading through some of the topics I know you guys are very well versed with these vehicles I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction to keep this as simple as possible for me. Battery seems fine when she wont start she will crank forever and not get a weak battery. It has plenty of fuel in the tank. The car was given to me by my father six months ago so I dont have mush maintenance history other than the heater core I did myself and some random vacuum lines and coolant hoses and the radiator he put on. I'm sure its due for a fuel filter but I doubt that is my issue. Also I replaced wires, plugs, cap and rotor when he gave me the car. Thanks for listening and for any advice you can offer.

P.s. Love this car hopefully it doesnt turn out to be the headache that my aviator is.

Just finished reading through some more forums now I"m leaning towards a cps sensor. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

You might want to buy a OBD1 Ford code reader. I found mine on ebay for 15 dollars or so. Do you mean tps sensor?

Members online

No members online now.
Back