90 lincoln mark 7 restoration

Htrlman1

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I bought a 90 lsc with 130,000 miles. The fuel tank needs to be replaced and a new fuel pump. Build thread to come

image-2176829902.jpg

image-2176829902.jpg

its just the master cylinder and pump that are complicated i believe.

the rest of the system is very basic.

but yes, that electrically boosted ABS is a bit wonky.

The window switch doesn't work for either driver or passenger. But the mirrors work. I'm wondering if it might be the window relay. All the fuses are good tho. The previous owner replaced the abs unit couple of years back. He did give me all of the maintenance receipts

when i first got mine the passenger window and mirror switches didn't work... noticed there's a cup holder directly above it.

..forget the details, but somehow took the switches apart and cleaned the contacts. I think there was either a chocolate milk shake or coca cola at the root of the problems. (maybe root beer?)

I see that pic and almost envy you the restoration job. One nice thing about these cars is they are well engineered... it's much easier to fix things that were well made in the first place. They come apart and go back together rather well.

Well I put a new water pump, tensioner, and under drive pulleys. It's coming along. The fuel parts aren't here yet so I guess that will happen next week. The brackets and the engine sure do need a bath tho.

image-2596769731.jpg

image-3869241780.jpg

image-2596769731.jpg

image-3869241780.jpg

when i first got mine the passenger window and mirror switches didn't work... noticed there's a cup holder directly above it.

..forget the details, but somehow took the switches apart and cleaned the contacts. I think there was either a chocolate milk shake or coca cola at the root of the problems. (maybe root beer?)

I see that pic and almost envy you the restoration job. One nice thing about these cars is they are well engineered... it's much easier to fix things that were well made in the first place. They come apart and go back together rather well.

Very true they are very well engineered. It just takes time and I enjoy doing something on the weekends

I'm getting there I'm putting in the fuel tank with a new pump in Sunday. I did get a 2 core aluminum radiator and sapp is suppling the mk 8 fan. I did get one of those fancy fan controllers from hollister road company but ill take pics.

Nice to hear that 007 is in the area we will have to get together soon and have a little meet at C&C

Members online

Back