88' Mark VII Keyless Entry

chianesi

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got an 88" Mark VII with the keypad on the door. Does anyone know how to figure out the factory code or possibly know how to reset it. Thanks!

Nando

chianesi said:
Just got an 88" Mark VII with the keypad on the door. Does anyone know how to figure out the factory code or possibly know how to reset it. Thanks!

Nando
Congratulations for owning the BEST vehicle on the planet!

Your five digit code should be on a plastic sticker affixed to decklid hinge. If it is not there, then locate the door control module between the rear speakers. It should have the five digit code on a sticker.

If the factory code is 12345 and you want to add a second code of 67890, enter 12345267890, wait seven seconds, then enter 67890. Your driver's side door should unlock. Enter the code plus 4 (678904) and the passenger side unlocks. Enter the code plus 5 (678905) and the decklid unlocks. Once you enter the code, you can enter the item numbers in series so 6789045 will open everything.

OldSchool1 said:
Enter the code plus 4 (678904) and the passenger side unlocks.

3 is for the passengers door Mr Dancy !!

Oh yeh, something else for you:

P1010431.jpg

LSC SS said:
3 is for the passengers door Mr Dancy !!
HAHAHAHA
SOMEbody SOMEwhere is going to debate this until they take a walk out to the car and actually read the damn pad :)
And I guess that 6 is for the decklid hunh?
LSC SS said:
Oh yeh, something else for you:
I'll get you Karl! ... and your little green car too! Ya see, now I'm thinking of swapping you a certain white car for a certain green car.
20040614a.jpg

Damn, Oldschool, I had to do the doubletake on that one. I thought my 87 was the only one on here painted white all the way down with BBtrim. Freaky.

OldSchool1 said:
Ya see, now I'm thinking of swapping you a certain white car for a certain green car.

there is one car I would be willing to trade you the green car for :biggrin:

take the van!!

The factory code is either in with you owners manual literature or on the trunk arms that hold the trunk. If it is still not there, you can pull apart the keyless module and check the resistors.

TattooingSC said:
Damn, Oldschool, I had to do the doubletake on that one. I thought my 87 was the only one on here painted white all the way down with BBtrim. Freaky.
It's a 1984 and the exhaust smells funny.
Pepsi2185 said:
take the van!!
Please :)
Pepsi2185 said:
The factory code is either in with you owners manual literature or on the trunk arms that hold the trunk. If it is still not there, you can pull apart the keyless module and check the resistors.
Dude. I've never heard of doing the latter. Is it simple? What's involved?

LSC SS said:
there is one car I would be willing to trade you the green car for :biggrin:
I'll bet you also wave fresh steaks in front of Pitt Bull dogs.

Didn't you see the pictures? My driveway is so tight that I use a shoe horn to get in the 1990. Mrs.OldSchool's van is the only 24 hour unobstructed vehicle. I'm selling shtuff off to make room for the diesel (that is ~still~ in Pensacola by the way. Transporters are a trip).

That reminds me, I found the pictures of the KEY WEST 1992 that I tried to buy on the spot in February of 2003. I'll post them else where.

Chianesi.
If all else fails, punt.

Last edited:
oldschool, if you really want some info on decoding the resistors on the old ford keyless sytems, i can get it for you. Off the top of my head you pull out the keyless entry module, take the top off and the resistor arrangment is really easy to spot. In the towncar the keyless module is in the passenger side kick im not sure where it is at on the mark.

Pepsi2185 said:
oldschool, if you really want some info on decoding the resistors on the old ford keyless sytems, i can get it for you. Off the top of my head you pull out the keyless entry module, take the top off and the resistor arrangment is really easy to spot. In the towncar the keyless module is in the passenger side kick im not sure where it is at on the mark.
Thanks for the knowledge! I'll try this when I get into the trubk of the parts car.

chianesi said:
the factory code is usually on a sticker on the trunk hinge as well

Members online

No members online now.
Back