85 Lincoln mark VII LSC

kalve

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 85 Lincoln Mark VII. What problems are these cars known for an what should I look for on the car? An can anybody give me general info on these cars? I am planning to use it for a daily driver.

I has an 85 base model in 2004 ... It was a great car. From what I know the cars didn't have many issues ... typical things will wear ..

There was a slight problem with the ground wire but if the car is alive yet today that's been taken care of. Only problem I had with mine was the electronic dash and that was a problem when I got the car. I just replaced the speedo unit and that's all it was. Not a very hard thing to do either.

Best person to get the real scoop on the Mark VII's is Oldschool1 send him a PM he's in the Philly area and has a lot of Mark VII gatherings throughout the year.

Good Luck and enjoy ... I would love to see some pics.

Wikipedia has a page on the /Lincoln_Continental_Mark_VII..

"...The 1985 LSC was the first American vehicle with electronic 4-channel anti-lock brakes[3] (6 months before the Corvette)...."

I would do a little studying in the forums (also hit thelincolnmarkviiclub.org), search the net for general info, and get familiar with the vehicle. Then test drive and examine the car you intend on buying.
The big important systems, like trans, engine, brakes and suspension either have warning lights and/or cannot hide their faults and/or problems should be obvious. You will know if any of those are funky. (If the air-suspension leaks, the car may ride OK, but the overnight parked car will leak down and sit very low.)

But the little things matter too. Know what to look for.
Do all the door locks and windows function? Keyless entry.. The trunk pull-down lock.. The A/C and heat? Windshield wipers & washer? Fuel door lock.. 6-way seats adjustments.. automatic rear-view dimmer.. auto headlight dimmer.. heated side view mirrors adjustments.. rear defroster.. lots of things.
In 10 years ownership (265,000 miles), I've fixed a lot of them with the help of Shop manuals and the forums, but if I were buying another car, I would still prefer that everything works from the get-go.

Members online

No members online now.
Back